5- One Single Chance

Sequel to one single day: 

Five years later, Felix and Marinette reunited in Paris.

Felix strode down the streets of Paris. At the age of twenty, he hadn't been back since that whole incident with Marinette, not that he hadn't wanted to. But when it came out that Hawkmoth had been defeated and he turned out to be Felix's own uncle was the villain that had caused havoc on the city, one small, cruel part of him had haughty thought that Adrien and his father weren't so perfect after all. But as soon as that thought had struck, guilt ate at him, only imagining what his cousin must have went through, finding out that his own father was a villain and his mother was kept in a glass coffin beneath the house. He had been certain that the news must have crushed his cousin. Felix had reached out, but he had never received a response.

So here he was, two years after the incident, looking for his idiot cousin. As stubborn as Adrien might be, Felix had found out that he was staying in an apartment in Paris, living with a girlfriend.

He never found out the girl's name, but a small part of him said that it must have been Marinette.

The thought alone made his heart ache.

So lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice the person headed his way, also lost in her thoughts. The two of them collided and went stumbling back. Felix shout his hand out, grabbing the woman by the wrist and steadying her before she could go falling onto the sidewalk.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going! I didn't mean-" The words died on his lips as soon as the woman stood and met his gaze with large, beautiful blue eyes. "Ma- Marinette...?"

Marinette stood there, looking rather stunned as she stared up at him. She had grown into a beautiful woman, her soft lips a beautiful rose, those jewel blue eyes of hers framed by long, dark lashes. She was about a head shorter than Felix, her shapely body clothed in a white blouse and black pencil shirt. She looked so.. So womanly, almost nothing like the stuttering girl he knew years ago.

"Wha- Felix? Is that you?" She sounded stunned as her hand tightened on the umbrella she was carrying. He wondered if she wanted to beat him with it. He wouldn't have stopped her. To his surprise, her face broke out into a breathtaking smile. "Felix, how are you? You're looking great.

Wait, weren't your eyes green when I last saw you?"

"I-I usually wore green contacts." He explained. His mother had always hated his grey-blue eyes, saying they weren't as perfect as Adrien's. So she had always forced him to wear contacts, and he had done so without complaint, until he had moved out of the house and moved into his own place.

He had felt so free. "You're looking great, I see you outgrew your pigtails."

"Yeah, I thought when I got into lycée, I could use a change." Marinette reached up and touched a lock of her dark hair, which now brushed against the base of her back. Felix had been right, she looked beautiful with her hair down.

Soon the two adults just stood there in awkward silence, not looking at each other. Cars drove by, and people brushed past. The silence was almost deafening to Felix, he wanted to continue this conversation, but didn't know where to take it. Besides, who would want to talk to a guy who hurt you so badly in the past?

"Would you want to grab a coffee?" Marinette reached out and gently touched his arm, the smile returning to her face. Felix felt the blood begin to pound through his veins, rushing to his ears, making him feel as if he were about to go deaf. Completely oblivious, Marinette continued to rush out the words. "I mean, you're probably busy, but I wanted to catch up, you know, since we haven't seen each other in so long."