10- My Wife?

"I shouldn't have come to Gotham."

"If you had not, we wouldn't have seen each other."

"We're in a hostage situation, Damian."

"Yes, I am aware."

"We're trapped in a small metal box with explosives attached to it."

"I know."

"And this box is suspended on the ceiling."

"I can tell by the swaying."

Marinette stared at him. It was purely coincidental that they found each other in the same predicament. She was kidnapped because of her status as MDC, while Damian was taken because he was a Wayne. They both had their hands cuffed at their backs, seemingly helpless until the vigilantes came to save them.

Did she mention that he was looking at her fondly?

"It has a romantic touch to it." Damian shrugged.

She snorted out a laugh. "Yeah, sure. Let's go with that. Why did you let yourself get kidnapped anyway?"

"I have to appear as a defenseless rich boy to protect my identity," he explained coolly. "It is better than to rouse any suspicion if I showed my abilities. Besides, this is not the first time this has happened."

She glanced at the digital numbers ticking down to zero. They had about five minutes before the bomb was set to explode. "So . . . you were just going to stay here and wait for your family to save you?"

"That is my plan, yes." He smiled. "The company is not bad this time."

Damian leaned down and kissed her cheek. "I've missed you, ma chérie."

The bomb ticked down to three minutes. She pecked his lips in return. "I've missed you too, ya hayati. Shall we get out of here now?"

"In a few minutes."

" Damian, " she said in a half-scolding tone.

He didn't say anything, only coming down to kiss her again. Marinette gasped against his lips, silently cursing the handcuffs restraining them. She tilted her head to get a better angle, nibbling on his bottom lip.

"You did not tell me you're coming to Gotham." Damian said breathlessly.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," she replied softly.

Tick. Tick. two minutes.

Damian raised an eyebrow. "I could have prepared for your arrival."

She huffed. "I'm here mainly for the fashion show anyway."

A minute and a half.

Like synchronous clockwork, they picked their way out of their handcuffs, rubbing their reddened wrists. Damian kicked down the door of the box and held her hand tightly before they leapt onto the railings together. Just in time, the bomb went off just as they ducked into a safe place.

Marinette craned her neck upon hearing footsteps down the hallway.

"That must be Father and my brothers," said Damian. "They're getting sloppy."

Marinette checked the time on her watch and groaned. "I'm late for the technical run!" She kissed Damian's cheek, squeezing his hand. "I'll go ahead, habibi. Take care."

Not long after Marinette ran to the exit, Red Robin found Damian crouching in the hallway. The vigilante studied him warily. "You got out by yourself?"

The youngest Wayne scoffed. "Do not be ridiculous. I escaped with my wife."