15- Strawberry cake and mint frosting

It takes Adrien a bit of hesitation before he finally works up the courage to knock on the house door.

He hadn't seen her in maybe five months? Which means he hasn't seen his daughter in five months, either. Work was hard, but he should never go so long without seeing them. They've talked but he'd always say he'd be back soon; five months later isn't soon.

Finally, who he expected, his ex-wife opens the door with a friendly smile, though it drops once she gets the sight of him. "Finally decided to drop by?"

He gives a small smile and shrugs. "Hey, I'm in the middle of a big case. I came back here for my three nights I don't travel."

"Not an excuse," she says, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms. He shrugs, making her roll her eyes and step aside, letting Plagg fly out of his collar. "This is exactly why we divorced."

He comes inside and waves her off. "Yeah, yeah," he steps inside and looks around the comfy living room. "Where's Em?"

"It's eleven o'clock at night, Adrien," Tikki said with a slight smile, giggling as Marinette gives him a look. Marinette's wearing a cotton nightgown with black spots scattered on the red material, and he can't deny that it suits her so well.

Even if his father had retired as Shadow Moth a decade ago, he couldn't help but miss when they ran over rooftops and been teenagers stupidly in love.

He missed when life was.. simpler, per se.

"Oh, right," he murmurs stupidly. He pulls off his jacket and places it on the arm of the single sofa before walking through the apartment. "It smells nice. Baking sweets?"

"Yeah. Bakery's business has been slow so I'm trying to bake up a sort of 'fall' cookie or something."

The both of them walk into the kitchen and Adrien's eyes widen in amazement at all of the cookies and small cakes and cupcakes and... wow.

Marinette had her own bakery: Treat Your Sweet. It used to be her parents' before they passed, but now it's all hers. With her own money, and with Adrien's help, she's made it the bakery she's always wanted. Even if they're no longer together, Adrien would never take away anything he paid for in her shop. They had a mutual divorce, and his daughter loved the bakery, so he wouldn't hurt his girls.

"Here," Marinette speaks, walking over to the mixer and dipping her finger in. She brings it out and holds it to him. "Try this. You too, Plagg."

They follows her route and leans down to suck the frosting off of her finger. He leans back up and raises an eyebrow as he smacks his tongue, trying to get a taste.

Plagg groans happily. "Mmm. That's good. What's that? Pumpkin spice?"

"Pumpkin and cinnamon," she grins, reaching over the rack and grabbing a cookie. She hands it to Adrien. "Okay, try that, too."

He bites into it without a second guess and instantly moans in delight. "What the fuck, Marinette. This is delicious. What's this? The cinnamon pumpkin stuff?"

"Carrot cake mix," she grins, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "You came by at just the right time. I have to present these tomorrow and I didn't know if they were okay. Em loves them but what sugar doesn't that girl love?"

Adrien grabs another cookie and leans on the counter as he says, "You know, my client's hosting an Autumn party in a couple of weeks. They haven't found anyone to make desserts yet...

She gapes. "You'd let me cater at the party? But you don't like mixing work with pleasure-"

"Hey, it's not like you make disgusting desserts and I'm trying to promote you. Your work deserves to be noticed, so I want you to promote your bakery at my party. Business is slow, as you said. anyway."