17-Something Amazing

"Who's that?" Adrien asks his newly founded friend, Luka, staring at a girl talking to her friends across the hallway.

He was new to the school. It's been three weeks, and everything was already falling in place for him already. Adrien was basically the heartthrob of the school already, and landed offers for the basketball team after only two periods of P.E.

Although a lot of girls came up to him, he was friendly but uninterested. He currently crushed on a girl that he bumped into on his first day. He didn't know her name yet, but she had ocean blue eyes, a pretty smile, and kept her straight black hair in a high ponytail. They didn't have any classes together, but he occasionally saw her when she was conversing with teachers, her friends, anyone around the school. Adrien's waved a few times, and she raises an eyebrow and gives him a smile then continues back to her conversation.

He liked her smile a lot.

"Oh, Dupain-Cheng?" Luka questions, pointing her way. Adrien looks away from her and gives him a look. "Well, her last name is Dupain-Cheng, and we like calling her by her last time. But her name is Marinette."

Adrien nods and continues to glance at her, grinning as she catches his glance and gives him a small smile.

"No way. You like Dupain-Cheng?" Luka chuckles, shaking his head. "Dude, you could get the finest girls in this school, and you want the best? She's a 4.0 student who's on the volleyball team with a co-ownership of a charity from her aunt. She barely dates, and when she does, they're not together for long."

Adrien shrugs, turning back to his friend with the same grin. "Yeah, so are you gonna help me get her?"

"Sure, Man. Whatever."

-----

"Uh, hey," Adrien approaches Marinette while she's putting her books away in her locker during their lunch period. She looks at him and gives him a look, then her usual small smile. "Um, you're Marinette, right?"

She smiles as she grabs her bag from her locker. "Yeah," she says and Adrien sucks in a breath.

He loves her voice.

"Not to be rude, but do I know you? You wave at me almost everyday, but I can't seem to remember you."

Adrien shakes his head and scratches the back of his head. "No, you don't know me. I'm Adrien; the new boy. But I just.. see you around a lot and have been meaning to introduce myself... so, hi, I guess."

Marinette nods with the same smile and brings her bag over her shoulder. "Hi, Adrien. Nice to meet you." She gives him a nod before starting to walk off.

Adrien whips around to watch her. "Uh, hey, you wanna hang out or something on Friday?" He calls, watching her stop walking to stare back at him. "You know, like a... um, date or something?"

Marinette bites her lip and stares at him. "I.... have a boyfriend. I'm actually going to meet up with him for my lunch period. Sorry." She walks off and Adrien bites his lip, sighing.

He really liked her.

-----

"Dude, you seriously asked her on a date?" Luka asks, chuckling as the two of them sat on the top of the bleachers in the gym. "You're an idiot."

Adrien shrugs and watches the girls' volleyball team get ready for practice. "I like her. What else am I supposed to do?"

"Have you never had a girlfriend?"

"Nope. I've never even kissed a girl," Adrien sighs, looking over at him. "As you can see, I'm not good with girls."

"Wow. Where'd you come from? Lyon?"