2-Sleep Deprived

Marinette hadn't slept in three days.

She was running on pure caffeine and sugar highs, transforming into Ladybug and closing the miracle box so no kwamis could interfere with her focus. Obviously, the focus was slowly running out if she was sleep-deprived enough to actually forget taking off her transformation.

There had been six akuma attacks in those three days, and when she wasn't fighting, she was patrolling or attempting to decipher the miraculous code. So what if her friends were severely worried about her well being and her parents locked her in her room to prevent her from stealing coffee from the bakery? She was Ladybug for goodness sake, and could easily swing by the coffeeshop down the rode- and get it for free!

Either way, she did still have school- and later she would most likely blame it all on the day being a Monday, for whose brain actually functioned properly on a Monday?

Not Marinette's.

She didn't check to see if the trap door was unlocked (which it was, her parents weren't actually cruel- but Marinette hadn't really bothered with it anyway), and instead simply jumped out the window with 1 minute to spare before class started. Usually, that would mean that she had failed and would be marked tardy- but not as Ladybug.

She sincerely felt sorry for keeping Tikki in her suit for so long, but the kwami had been bothering her nonstop about getting sleep and Marinette wouldn't use that excuse.

Ladybug nearly missed the turret on the school that her yoyo was supposed to wrap around (but were there two turrets now? Huh, that was weird), but managed to land on her feet behind a tree (a small family nearby looked concerned, probably wondering if their heroine was actually sane at the moment). She heard the warning bell from the school and yelped, this time making the leap over and luckily finding that a window in Ms. Bustier's class was open.

She cheered inwardly, jumping up through the window and landing in the classroom right as Ms.Bustier began calling out role (starting with Adrien) and as the final bell rang.

She gave a sigh of relief, too bubbly from the caffeine to notice that the entire class was facing her. Ladybug did a final flip and landed right in Marinette's seat, when she froze in horror.

"Oh no!! I've left my bag at home- I'm here on time though and YOU CAN'T MARK ME LATE!"

Ms. Bustier didn't reply.

"Girl," Alya whispered harshly, eyes wide in fear, "Y-you're transformed right now -"

"I know!" said Ladybug proudly, her voice way louder than it needed to be, "It's smart, isn't it? I will NOT miss any akuma attacks and will have NO crazy kwami telling me to sleep!"

"Uh- I think maybe you should listen to -"

"Nope! No, definitely not! I do not need sleep! Sleep is for the weak -"

"Is that really... Marinette?" a few people were starting to whisper, and Alix had asked the question. Alya sighed and shook her head in exasperation, while Ladybug only nodded with a smile.

"Ladybu- Marinette," Adrien corrected, still trying to wrap his head around the fact that they were the same, and something had definitely broke in his mind about the Kwamibuster incident, "How long have you been awake?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure, Adrien!" Ladybug exclaimed, practically jumping up in excitement, "At least two days, maybe four, but it doesn't matter! The days all sort of blur together eventually... hey, I'm pretty sure Chat asked me that yesterday!"

Adrien nodded grimly. Chat had asked her that yesterday. And the day before. And he had actually thought that Ladybug had taken his order to go to sleep, but it was quite obvious that she hadn't.

"This has to be some sort of sick joke!" Chloe spoke up, a scowl forming on her face as she looked at the superhero.

"Are you kidding?" Nino said, "It's awesome!"

Marinette giggled, "Aren't we supposed to be having class?"

"I-uh- yes, well," responded a very flustered Ms. Bustier."Right." She cleared her throat and continued with the role call, not bothering to call Marinette.

Marinette passed out in the middle of class and Alya took her to the nurse's office.

She woke up two days later with no memory of the incidents, though it seemed like Mister Bug had made an appearance to take care of the two akuma's that had taken place.

-----