S I X T Y - T H R E E

J A S M I N E

At first, I thought I was just trying to trick myself into thinking this is the best day of my life, but now I can see that it actually is.

I'm high as fuck, dancing with Kaden in this overly huge living room, while random people surround us.

"I'm having so much fun!" I yell over to Layla who's currently dancing with some random guy a few feet next to me.

"I know right!" She yells back. She takes the boys hands and wraps them around her waist, causing him to smile big time.

Ugh Layla, you're just making a bigger mess with Jayda.

I try to forget about Jayda and Laylas situation, deciding to focus on my own instead.

"I need another drink." I say, yelling over the loud music. Kaden doesn't seem to hear me so I tap his shoulder. He turns to me and nods his head.

"Wassup?"

"Do you wanna go with me to get another drink?" I ask, already knowing the answer. I don't have to hear him say anything, he trails behind me as we leave the crowded area and go to the kitchen, which is surprising quiet as a mouse.

"I feel so tired, jeez." I use my leather sleeve to wipe the beads of sweat from my forehead. I notice some shot glasses out on the table sitting right next to a big bottle of vodka. I pick the bottle up and notice how it hadn't even been opened yet.

"What are you lookin at," Kaden comes up behind me, snaking his arms around my waste. He kisses the exposed skin on my neck, tickling the sensitive skin a bit.

"You trying to do shots?" I turn around and show him the bottle of liquor.

He sighs, "You are trying to get me drunk drunk, huh?"

I shrug my shoulders innocently. "Duh."

He smiles, looking away for a moment before turning back. "Eh, fuck it. Let's do some shots."

"Yes!" I turn back around towards the island countertop and open the bottle of vodka, popping the lid off and watching as it accidentally slides under the kitchen table. I'll get it later.

I pour us six shots, three for each of us.

We both pick up our first ones, clinking them together, the burning liquid spilling a bit on my hand.

"Cheers," we both say, before throwing the drinking into our mouth. It burns as it runs down my throat, seeming to leave a trail of fire as it goes.

Kaden is already reaching for his second one but I need a second to catch my breath.

"Ugh," I drink a little bit of my water, hoping to get the bitter taste off my tongue.

"Pussy." Kaden says, laughing.

I roll my eyes smiling. "Whatever." We pick up our second glass, repeating the same process as before. This time when the liquor goes down I don't need to wash it away with water.

"Okay, last one." Right before we can empty our last shot glass, a familiar, spine-chilling voice interrupts us.

"Is that Jazzy Anderson?"

Shaking, I slowly set my glass down on the table and look across the counter to see him.

What is he doing here?

Fuck, why did I think he wouldn't be here? This is a party for Christs sake, everything bad always happens at the parties.

"Did you miss me?"

I stare wide eyed at the blonde boy, he smirks at my quietness.

"Ben? What-" I shake my head. "What are you doing here?" I feel Kadens arms wrap around my body, shielding me from him.

"Well, did you think you were the only person allowed to go to a street party? I mean come on, there's free booze." He chuckles, an evil laugh that sends chills down my spine and cause my hair to stand up.

"Aye, real shit, you need to leave before you get yo ass beat again." Kaden says. I feel the vibrations from his chest onto my back as he speaks.

"And who the fuck are you to tell me." Ben starts to slowly move around the counter, inching closer to the two of us.

"It's just a warning. Consider yourself lucky for getting one this time."

Ben stares at Kaden for a few moments before something finally clicks in him. "It was you," he says. He bitterly laughs. "What, so y'all are like together now, huh? The princess and the knight."

"Ben, just go." Kaden still holds onto me as Ben get closer. "Please," I whisper to myself.

I feel Kaden lean down to my ear, "Jasmine go to my car."

I shake my head, not because I'm refusing, but because I'm hoping this is all just a dream.

"Listen, I was fucked up when you almost beat the life out of me. But guess what? I'm sober."

"Good for you, ready to get yo ass whooped again then, bitch?" Kaden let's go of me and pushes me behind him. "Jasmine, go to the fucking car right now."

That's when it happens.

Ben strikes first, landing a hit to Kadens jaw, but he acts and looks as if it doesn't phase him. In no time, Kaden retaliates, throwing a mean right hook, causing Ben to even stumble back a little.

Soon enough, they're both fighting crazy, slamming each other into walls, tackling one another to the floor. I can say that Ben is holding his ground, but I can tel he's getting tired and frustrated. Kaden continues throwing punch after punch.

"Marie, go to the fuck car, I'm not playing." Kaden yells as Ben punches his face.

This time I listen, grabbing my purse from the counter and running towards the front door. I hear the sound glass shattering and then eventually the yells of people. I want to go back, I do, but Kaden doesn't want me to.

I open his car door, heavily breathing as I take a seat in the leather covering.

Why the fuck did this have to happen out of all nights.

The shots we previously took start to catch up to me, and then the wave of tiredness hits. My stomach feels empty and is churning, my head is throbbing while my heart pumps fast from inside my chest.

No, this isn't fucking happening.

I dig through my purse to find my phone, three missed calls from Layla and two from Jayda.

Looking through the window of Kadens car, I see a man, maybe in his forties, step out from his house, looking over at the party. His eyebrows are furrowed, confused.

Then he pulls out his phone and dials something, before putting it up to his ear and speaking.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Sorry, Kaden. I'm going back in.

---