F I V E

J A S M I N E

The sound of my alarm's obnoxiously annoying ringtone, wakes both me, and Annalise up. We wake up at around the same time, except she takes longer to get ready.

"Annalise?" I stir awake and tap on her shoulder, attempting to wake her up. "Annalise get up. It's 5:35." As soon as I say the time, her head jolts up.

"Oh my gosh, Jasmine. Why didn't you say something!" She tosses the covers off of her, and starts digging through her drawers. She eventually finds something to wear, and then runs to the bathroom, slamming it behind her.

I let myself sleep for five more minutes, and when I wake up, I see that Annalise is sitting at her desk doing her hair. She has a small vanity placed on it so she can see what she's doing.

I climb out of bed and reach for my phone that's on the charger. I look at some texts Layla sent me after I dropped her off.

Layla<3 : Okay, don't know if I was imagining this last night, but did I see my bestfriend, Jasmine, talking to a GUY????? AND DID HE CALL YOU MARIE??????

I let out a small laugh. I've had a boyfriend before, but I think what she means is that I'm finally "talking" to a guy, again. Because things ended with my ex, like really bad. Really, really, really bad. But I am still confused as to why he continued to call me by my middle name, even after he knew my real one. And I'm still confused why he was either mad that I was at the club last night.

Me : Why do you sound so surprised ?

Layla<3 : WHY SHOULDN'T I SOUND SURPISED????

Me : Whatever. Gotta go. See you at school. Love you.

I leave my phone on the nightstand while I take a shower.

When I come out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body, I realize I have to go to my room so I can get fresh clothes. Annalise is almost ready. She's sitting at her desk and is now doing her makeup.

She goes to grab her red lipstick, but I grab it before she can. "What did I tell you about this?" She rolls her eyes and puts lip gloss on instead. I don't want her to hate me for looking out for her. But if that's how it is, as long as she's safe, she can have whatever feeling she wants about me. I grab my phone and go to the door.

"Hey," I call to her. She looks over at me. "Lock this door as soon as I walk out. Got it?" She knows the procedure.

I slowly unlock the door and open it. I dip my head out and see if he's there. Nope. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he was hitting the early bird at the bar.

My feet makes a sticky noise as they touch the floor. Mostly because they're still wet from my shower. I make slow steps until I get to my room. I push the door open to see my clean room. Yes, I'm going to brag about how clean my room is.

I grab a plain, dark blue oversized shirt from the closet. It has long sleeves, and goes down to my mid thigh. I also grab my black skirt, along with some black tights. Just incase they try to dress code me.

I dry my hair the best I can, and then put it in two low pony tails. They rest on my shoulders. I make sure not to have them to tight, or else they make my face look weird. I pull out a few wavy strands of hair.

And last but not least, I take my contacts out, and grab my glasses. I usually only wear them at home, but since I forgot to take my contacts out last night, I have to wear them to school.

I grab my backpack and go check on Annalise. Her door is left open, meaning she already left for the bus. I close her door, just incase my dad tries to confuse it for his.

I start my car and go to pick up Layla and Jayda. We all take turns picking each other up, but since they were both wasted, I guess it's my turn, huh?

***

I park in the student parking lot, of our school. As soon as the engine stops, Layla and Jayda rush to get out. They wait for me as I take my time, careful not to break my neck.

"So are you gonna tell us now?" Layla says out of the blue.

"Tell you what?" I ask, trying to sound confused. Even though I know exactly what she's talking about.

"About the so very very very fine man, who, let me add, escorted you to the car." She pretends to moan, but it kind of makes her sound like she's in a, you know, video.

'Wait- what happened?" I turn my head to Jayda. She looks very confused.

"Nothi-"

"OH MY GOD JAYDA, YOU TOTALLY MISSED IT. JASMINE WAS TALKING TO THIS SUPER FINE, TALL MAN, AND HE CALLED HER MARIE- LIKE ISN'T YOUR MIDDLE NAME MARIE?" She turns towards me, and starts squealing.

"You talked to a guy?" I guess that's the only thing that Jayda caught. "I thought you were over that, after what happened with Be-"

"Uh-uh-uh. We shall not speak of his name." I say pointing my finger at her.

"Right. I forgot."

"OH OH OH, tell Jasmine what happened with the bartender last night!" Layla claps her hands excitedly.

Jayda groans. "Okay, okay. Chill out." Jayda looks at me and it seems as though she might throw up. "Okay, so while me and Layla were getting a drink. This bartender started crying about how his girlfriend broke up with him, and that his life was so hard. So I said, OUTLOUD." She pats her chest and goes back to speaking. "You think your life's hard? I'm black, gay, and a woman. It felt like everyone in the club just stopped what they were doing, and flat out stared at me. MIND YOU, I was drunk. But it still felt pretty embarrassing."

I didn't think it was that funny, but I found myself laughing.

I also found myself thinking about Kaden.

---
Sorry Jasmine has so many pov's at the moment but we're getting there! plus if you don't love Jasmine you might be a little weird ... no shade 🤫