F O U R T E E N

J A S M I N E

I unbuckle my jeans and throw them into my laundry hamper. I find a pair of yellow shorts that have small flowers scattered all over. The flowers are a slightly darker shade of yellow, and the edges of the shorts are lined with white. The shorts go to my mid thigh, stopping right above a scar on my inner thigh.

I leave my white top on, but slip on a orange-ish, yellow sweatshirt on. The sweatshirt has a small monarch butterfly in the center, about the size of my finger.

I take my hair out and let it flow freely. I run my hands through, untangling it a bit.

I inhale a deep breath, then exhale. I'm tired. Very, very tired. I feel bad, Very, very bad.

Should I have grounded her? I mean does she even deserve it? Fuck- I feel really bad now. What if I went off on her the wrong way.

No, stop. She still went to a party without permission. Most likely drank alcohol and ended up with me having to "save" her. Well, technically Kaden, but that's not the point.

I look down at my phone when a text suddenly appears.

Kaden : Come outside.

I feel myself smile against my will. I swing my bedroom door open and run down the stairs. My footsteps are loud and hurried. I almost slip on the way down, due to my socks, but I hold onto the railing and steady myself.

Once I'm at the front door, I take a deep breath and pat my clothes down.

I slowly twist the nob, not wanting it to seem like I'm eager to see him. Even if I am a little happy.

A cool breeze slaps me right in the face, causing my hair to flow back a bit. I walk further outside until I make it to the driveway.

Kaden stands there a box of pizza in his hands, and his hair- Jesus Christ this man is perfect.

His hair is free from the twists, and is a curly-but nice and neat- mess. I feel my lips part and my breath catch. Kaden must notice, because a soft chuckle releases from his throat. He steps closer so that he's standing right in front of me. The soft aroma of pizza breaks my eyes away from him.

I roll my eyes. "You know-"

"Marie." He says in a warning tone. I tilt my head to the side and give a sly smile.

"I-" No. Don't say sorry. I clear my throat and look up at him, "Lets go inside."

I lead him to the door and stop once I realize he hasn't been inside my house before. I spot my green jacket I had left on the floor, and immediately go over to it. I kick it to a corner Kaden won't be able to see.

"Lets go to my room." I say. He doesn't smile, but nods his head. He's right behind me as I walk up the stairs. His footsteps are a lot heavier and louder than mine.

"How was your day?" I ask once we make it to my room. I take a seat on my bed and sit in criss cross applesauce.

He shrugs his shoulders, "The same as other days."

"What are other days like?" I tilt my head to the side, waiting for an answer. He sits on the bed, keeping a few feet between us. He shrugs and opens the pizza box, revealing a pepperoni pizza that seams to just glimmer once the light hits it.

I really am hungry.

I look up at him for permission. He playfully rolls his eyes and gives a slight smile.

"Go ahead. I'm not hungry"

I don't waste a second before carefully grabbing a piece, and bringing it to my mouth. I take a bite and a wave of relief runs through me.