S E V E N

J A S M I NE

I feel a pang in my chest. "Oh." God, I feel like an asshole. Kaden looks away from me and stares at the empty store. I want to reach out for him, give him any sign that I care. But my body won't allow it. I shouldn't be allowed to care for anyone else's problems but my own.

So why do I want to comfort him so bad in this moment?

Kaden clears his throat. "Seems like you haven't had a lot of customers tonight, huh?" He asks.

I try to smile. "Seems like it." This is probably one of the least busiest nights I've had in a while.

I look down at his hands. He has a few rings on his fingers, all beautiful and shiny to perfection. He plays with them, twisting them around his fingers, taking them off then putting them back on, probably using it as a stress reliever.

"So uhm, do you live around here?" I wonder where he would live. Does he live alone, does he have brothers, sisters- oh God, does he have a girlfriend?

Kaden looks up at me with a blank face.

"Nah." He says, giving no detail. Wow, okay so I can tell you about my alcoholic dad but you can't tel me where you're from? Okay, I see how it is, sir.

I roll my eyes without him noticing. "So where do you live- not in a stalker vibe though. I'm just trying to make conversation- you know, so the quiet doesn't eat us alive." I brush the back of neck and let out an awkward laugh.

He has an annoyed look, but I'm pretty sure he tries to give me a forced smile.

"Sorry If I'm annoying you. You can go if you want to. I think I can handle myself." I say confidently.

He lets out a deep chuckle, which surprisingly, catches my attention. "What's funny?" I raise an eyebrow and try to give him my best glare.

"Nothin, nothin." He laughs. His laughing fades as he stands up and towers over me. The small ounce of a smile disappears from his lips, and a smug look I can't describe, has taken over his face. "Do you want me to leave." His breath hits my cheek, causing a chill to go down my neck. I feel my chest tighten and my breath hitch.

"No."

"You want me to stay?" He asks in a teasing tone. I feel the cold metal of his ring, as he lightly brushes the back of his finger against my cheek. I let out a slow breath.

Though, his rings are cold, his fingers are warm against my skin.

I don't answer him, and that causes him to tilt my chin up, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asks again.

I take a big gulp of air, and force it down my throat.

"Yes."

I'm very attracted to him. I knew it the second he walked in.

But the fact that he's one of the first guys I've talked to in months, and he already has me feeling like I need to yank my clothes off, that's strange. My body doesn't just react to anyone like that. It's as if- never mind, it would sound crazy. He must just have super powers or something.

Kaden tilts his head a little. "Am I making you nervous?" His fingers that were once on my cheek, gently grab a piece of loose hair, and looks at it as if he's examining it.

"No." There's a slight tremble in my voice, but I don't think he notices. No, I'm not nervous, maybe turned on. But nervous? Hell no.

A smirk tugs at his lips. "You sure?" He asks in a mocking tone. His tattooed hand inches its way towards my face. And when he meets my cheek, I can't help but slightly flinch. He notices and immediately steps away.