E I G H T

J A S M I N E

I usually pack clothes in my bag incase I end up crashing at Layla's or Jayda's, but it turns out that I don't have any. Of course this would happen to me on this specific day. Ugh.

"You can use one of my shirts." Kaden says, as if it's the most casual think in the world. Wear one of his shirts? Usually I'd be opposed to that idea, but since it seems like Kaden has been changing everything I'm normally against, I'm not so disgusted by the idea.

"It's fine, Kaden." I try to say, even though I really do want to wear his clothes. Fuck, what is happening to me?

"You can use one of my shirts." He says again handing me a long black shirt. I hold it up to my chest. The shirt goes down to my mid thigh.

I can't wear this.

"I got you these. I didn't know what size you were so I just guessed." He hands me a package of underwear, and I swear I feel my heart jump five miles out of my chest, before slamming back into me.

"Wow, such a gentleman." I say playfully. He rolls his eyes and the corner of his lips slightly twitch into a small smile. "When did you get these?"

"While I was getting the bags, I ran across the street to the dollar store. I didn't want to keep you waiting too long."

"Kaden..." I don't even know what to say. "Thank you. Really." I sigh. "And not just for the panties." He seems to smirk at my choice of words.

A real smile pulls at his lips. "No problem, Marie."

My tongue swipes my bottom lip slightly biting it out of nervousness."I'm gonna go take a shower now." I awkwardly smile and then head to the bathroom.

After turning the shower on, the water heats up almost instantly.

Wow. Usually I'd have to wait at least five minutes for the water at home to get even the slightest of warm.

I strip my clothes off and step under the pouring water. It feels good against my skin, like it's just gliding down my body and onto the floor. I don't think I've had a decent shower like this since I was ten years old.

I use the complimentary shampoo and conditioner, and then use a washcloth to soap my body off.

Right as I turn the water off, I wrap the towel around my body so that I'm not cold. I brush my hair out, watching as it waves. I then go to grab Kaden's shirt, skipping it over my body.

Kadens scent surrounds me. It's like he's in my head more than he was before. He smells of weed and cologne and yes, I know most men do smell like that but it's different. It just smells like him.

I open the underwear Kaden had got me, and slip those on too. Surprisingly, they fit perfectly. And they're boy-short style. My fav.

I dry my hair the best I can and then go out to the room. The cold hair hits my bare legs and makes me shiver.

Kaden sits on his bed, his back against the headboard and his legs sprawled out in front of him. He's on the phone, and to be honest, it sounds like a pretty heated conversation. I go back into the bathroom and wait till they're done.

But I can still hear Kaden's voice through the door.

"I don't care what you do. Just get my fucking money." After that, I hear a groan come from him.

I step out and see his phone tossed aside and his hands in fists.

"Hey." I quietly call out. He turns toward me without changing his expression.