S I X

J A S M I N E

After I get off school, my boss texts me saying I have yet, another night shift. But Annalise is staying at her friends, since it is Friday. So this time she doesn't have to stay awake till one in the morning.

I change out of my school outfit, since it was uncomfortable, and change into a cropped tank top, grey sweatpants, and my grey oversized jacket. I keep my hair how it was, and keep my glasses on.

I grab my bag, phone, and keys and then head downstairs. But my body instantly freezes once I see my dad in the kitchen.

He's sitting at the table, a bottle of whiskey in his hand. He has multiple picture, sprawled out on the table. "You look just like your mom." He says out loud. I feel my chest tighten, him knowing I'm only a feet feet away from him, scares me.

"I have to go, dad." The door is only a few feet. But before my hand can touch the handle, he jumps out of the chair, and lunges for me. My eyes widen in fear. I manage to get the door open, but I don't make it out. He yanks me backwards, causing my head to hit the hardwood floor.

"You're the reason she left." He yells. He manages to get on top of me, his hands immediately going around my throat, cutting my air off.

"Please, dad. I- I'm sorry." I manage to get out. I try to push his hands off, but he has a strong hold on me. I do manage to knee him in the balls. Not sure how I pulled that one off.

His hands let go of me and go to hold his crotch. I stand up, almost running into a wall, and stumble outside. I feel his hand enclose my ankle, and pull me down. Well if my head wasn't bad before, it is now.

I kick him off of me and run to my car. I jump in the car, and slam the door shut. I start the ignition, and drive off. I don't stop until I'm safe and sound at the gas station. At least as safe I can be.

As soon as I park the car, I feel as though I can finally rest. My shoulders slug and I intake deep breaths.

A loud knocking sound interrupts me. Startled, I jolt my head up and look to my right, staring out the window. My boss stands there with an unhappy look. I sigh in relief, realizing it's not my dad.

My boss motions for me to get out of the car. And so I do, slamming the door once I'm out. "You're late." He says with annoyance. I nod my head.

"I know I'm sor-"

"It's fine. Just know that you have to work Jackie's hours, too."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I groan.

"Sorry kiddo, that's what happens when you don't follow directions." He pretends to give me a sad face. But in reality. He doesn't care.

If only you knew what kept me behind.

Before he can say anything else, a dark grey car pulls up. It's a fucking Tesla.

He eyes the car down, and then turns back to me. "You better go in."

I scoff and go inside. I throw my bag behind the counter, and then get situated behind the register.

It's not even a minute before the door opens. It's also then that I realize there's something leaking down my face. I bring my hand to my forehead, and when I look at it, it's red. Red as blood.

It is blood.

My dad made me bleed.

A tattooed hand taps on the counter. I look up and see Kaden. He has a slight frown look on his face, but then it grows deeper as he studies my face. "Damn, ma. What happened?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders.