T H I R T Y

J A S M I N E

When I wake up, it's 6:00 am sharp. I feel warm and overwhelmed with heat. I tear the blankets off of my body, but then I hear a deep grumble of protest.

I look over my shoulder to see Kaden still sound asleep. And it's when I see how peaceful and gentle he looks, that I realize this is the first time I've seen him sleep. The difference is noticeable.

And it's comforting. I like watching how his chest rises and falls, as if in rhythm.

My eyes zero down to his chest. His bare chest. I let myself touch Kaden's chest, my fingers tracing over his many tattoos.

My fingertip skims over the outline of a cross, located on Kaden's left peck. I travel down his chest, down his abs, to the side of waist.

"When death comes, I will not shallow in fear or hide away. I shall embrace and comfort it. As it is what I'll be joining." That's what the tattoo reads. And it's absolutely beautiful.

The rest of them don't really catch my attention. They're all beautiful, but they don't stand out.

He has more on his back that I'll have to look at later.

Maybe I should get a tattoo. I'm thinking between my boobies, down my sternum. I think it would look good. I just have to figure out what it would be.

I can't believe I'm up this early. But shit- I'm not complaining. Especially when it means I have a little time to admire Kaden.

His eyelashes are really long. They touch the skin under his eyes, looking like a fan concealing them from the sun.

If you look really closely, Kaden has very few freckles scattered across his nose. They're a little darker than his skin.

I notice how he's wearing a black silk, wrapped around his hair. He must have put it on when I went to sleep.

Right then and there, Kaden's eyes flutter open, taking me by complete shock. He just stares at me for a moment, making me think that maybe he's still asleep, just with his eyes open. But then a smirk tugs onto his perfect lips, and I know now that he was watching me as I was him.

"Why you up so early?" He asks, looking over his shoulder and at the clock. "Jesus, Marie." He groans and rubs his eyes. "It's 6:30." 6:30? I must have took my time studying him.

I shrug my shoulders and let out a mini yawn. "Im not sure." I say in my scratchy morning voice.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I could make us something, or we can go out. I don't really care."

"I want you to make something." I want a home cooked meal. Haven't had one of those in a good while.

"Done."

I smile.

* * *

"Damn, Kaden." I say, biting into his homemade strawberry pancakes. "If I had known you could cook, I would have bagged you earlier."

He chuckles, taking a bit of his own food. I should feel embarrassed that I'm stuffing my face in front of him, but I could care less. It's just me and this food.

"So you like?" Kaden asks, knowing damn well I look like a fool, stuffing all this down my throat and trying not to suffocate.

"Shut up."

He laughs.

***

"Kaden," I groan, attempting to push his big frame from my body and at least make it to the door. "I have to go."

"No. You don't." He mumbles. His voice is muffled because he's currently nuzzling his face into my chest, right between my breasts.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, I do. I have school tomorrow."

"It's only twelve pm." He scoffs, still not letting go of my waist. I laugh.

"Kaden, I have to go pick Annalise up from her friends house, I need to help her with her costume, then I need to get my costume-"

"I'll help."

"No you won't. You wouldn't even know what to do. Besides," I grin. "I want my costume to be a surprise."

Still no effort from him to move. I trace the skin on his back and grin.

"Kaden," I whisper, leaning down to his ear the best I can. "Guess what I'm being."

"What...?" He sound hesitant.

I whisper it into his ear, and his head tilts up to look at me. At first, his eyes were wide and shock clouded his expression, but then a wide grin set in place. His one blue eyes is bright and alluring, while his brown eye promises danger. They're both staring at me with need.

"Well, if you must." He sits up and backs away from me. He tugs at my hand, practically yanking me up and pushing me out the door.

"No goodbye kiss?" I pout, poking my bottom lip out.

He rolls his eyes, "aight, but after, you gotta hurry home and give me what you promised."

I hold my pinky finger up, he looks at it and rolls his eyes again. You keep rolling your eyes, they're gonna get stuck back there.

Kaden wraps his pinky around mine, and we seal the promise by kissing our hands. And then he leans down and kisses me. It's not a fiery kiss, it means something to me. A lot more than he probably thinks.

"Okay, I have to go now." I say, pulling my hand from his grasp. He lets go and watches as I walk to my car. He doesn't go back inside until I drive off, ensuring that I'm safe and sound.

God, how am I so lucky to have this gorgeous man by my side?

---