28

Emily POV:

"I didn't know you posted that" I said, looking at my phone

Leah had posted an instagram story last night of us holding hands in the car. 

"I didn't want you to get worried because of what happened last time" Leah responded as she snuggled into my side as It was early and we were still in bed

"I don't really care what people say anymore" I responded

as much as I tried to believe what I was telling Leah, I didn't. I wanted it to be the case, that I didn't care about what people were saying, but I knew It bothered me. I tried not to let it to, but it still did.

I was just glad my identity was hidden, and no one was making personal attacks.

"what's the plan today then?" Leah asked sitting up in my childhood bed

"Breakfast then the long awaited tour?" I responded half questioning, but in reality Leah knew she didn't really have a say.

she as only staying for one full day, so we were going to make the most of it as she was leaving tomorrow.

that was the life of an athlete, it was hard to get days off.

a few minutes later, we were both rolling out of bed, me heading downstairs to get some breakfast ready and Leah heading for the shower.

Leah wasn't much of a breakfast person, but I made my mum buy some weetabix for her.

Leah didn't take long to shower and change and she joined me in the kitchen not long after me.

Leah POV:

"right lets go" Emily exclaimed as she suddenly jerked up from her seat at the kitchen table.

we both headed out of the front door and into Emily's car. she of course handed me control of the music and we set off to wherever Emily had planned to take me. 

we ended up walking hand in hand through a town square, me with my hood up and a cap on as always. it was raining, this time, which meant my disguise looked less suspicious.

"welcome to paradise" Emily said jokingly

I squeezed her hand in response

after walking around for a little bit, we settled in a discreet coffee shop

"you can take your cap off now, you know" Emily said as she came back to the table with our drinks"

she was right, we were sat in the corner of a very small coffee shop, my back was to the door, and there were no windows near us.

I didn't mean to be so incognito all the time, it was just instinct for me to try and not be noticed in places like this. if I was on my own it would be different. id happily bump into people and take photos with fans. it was Emily I was looking out for, and our relationship.

"Emily" someone said from behind me. I couldn't see who it was.

"hey, what are you doing here" Emily responded kind of nervously.

I decided to turn around to see what was making my girlfriend so anxious. I didn't expect it to just be another girl, similar age to Emily.

they exchanged one or two sentences before the girl left and Emily returned to our conversation

I was confused at the interaction. Emily was noticeably uncomfortable for some reason

"who was that?" I asked, sipping my drink

"just a friend I used to go to school with?" she responded

"that all? you didn't look too pleased by the conversation?" I said

"oh, no, yeh, I just didn't want you to be uncomfortable if she recognised you or anything"

Emily was apologetic.

"just because I dont want to broadcast my whereabouts to the world doesn't mean you have to hide me from your friends, em." I said

"sorry"

we sat in silence for a little bit.

we decided to finish up our drinks and continue our stroll around town, hoping to lift the tension.

it did, we were back to normal, Emily pointing out every little thing, and me asking questions about every building we passed.

that was, until I was spotted by some fans in a bookshop of all places.

"Leah Williamson?" a young girl said sheepishly from behind me as I was scanning the shelves

"oh my god" another said

my eyes darted across to Emily who was a few meters away from me, who just nodded and smiled in response

"hey girls" I said enthusiastically as I turned around

these two girls recognising me had somehow managed to gain attention, with half of the bookstore now looking over.

"can we get a photo" they asked

"of course I responded" as I crouched down to their level

after taking the photos, and a short conversation, they scurried off back to their parents who mouthed a "thank you" to me.

I walked back over to Emily who smiled.

"your good with children, its hot" she whispered making me blush

"please can we get a photo" someone else then asked from next to me

"here, ill take it" Emily offered

there was now a queue of a few people waiting to talk to me, just the scenario that I wanted to avoid. Emily didn't seem to mind, offering to take photos and turning her back when she could see she wasn't needed.

after everyone waiting had cleared, we decided to call it a day, not wanting to encounter anyone else.

"im sorry if that was overwhelming, em, I tried to keep it low key" I said in the car on the way home, apologetically

"its okay" she responded smiling

"it comes with the territory. but I appreciate you looking out for me" she continued.

we sat peacefully for the rest of the journey, hand in hand.

Scene 7: Reflection

Emma: (Apologetic) I'm sorry if that was overwhelming, Lily. I tried to keep it low-key.

Lily: (Smiling) It's okay, Emma. It comes with the territory. But I appreciate you looking out for me.

(Scene concludes with Emma and Lily sharing a tender moment.)