Chapter 114: Here It Comes

Third Person

It's already morning as everyone woke up to do the usual thing they do, prepare. Ever since, they knew they have a bigger battle to deal with. They work with the government, train hard, and continue to plan. 

They had stopped searching for portals too as they think it's no use od closing a portal that will be open soon. What they did is to tighten the security for the safety of the people. Some villages have been able to build up a barrier with also the government's order.

"We had some of the villages transfer to a safe place. For now, that's all we can do since the other village can't bring a barrier back in time." Jun said to Y/N who was sitting out on her balcony and looking at the people outside.

But Y/N was distracted by her thoughts. There are so many things that kept her awake, and everyone could take a guess, but they will not be able to tell it all.

"Y/N, are you listening."

"Mhm."

"The president is counting on you, you can't stop now."

"I know."

"Then why are you like this? Being sad over a heartbreak?"

"Don't start now Jun, that's not it."

"Tell me what, I'll listen."

Y/N looked at Jun with dead eyes as she looked outside again.

"If I save them, what will I get?"

"What?"

"I have to die at the end, and that's for sure-"

"No, you're not going to die."

"That's the whole plan, end all the vampires. And I am one of them if you haven't noticed."

Jun clenched his jaw as he looked at Y/N.

"But you're not like them."

"Doesn't matter, I have to kill Jennie, I thought I could convince her, but with how angry she is... She's more than determined to end me."

"Y/N..."

"I'm just saying, what having a peaceful world for if I'm not living in it?"

"Are you serious right now? Y/N, you just became a vampire but you're not one of them. Before this, you're just a girl who'll do everything to protect your loved ones. I know how you protected the school, your mom, and your schoolmates."

"That's bullshit-"

"It's not, Y/N. It wasn't wrong to do what you can for the people you care about. Being selfish isn't the right thing to do now. You made a promise, maybe not to these people but to the ones close to you."

"How about Haewon, Karina, Lily, and Gaeul? How about the three girls who died? You promised to give them a life where they can live free from the fear that comes from those vampires..."

"Why are you doing this? Why are you helping us?" 

Jun stared at Y/N straight into her eyes.

"Because I made a promise too. And I am willing to fulfill that at the very end of my breath. Call it what you want, but I believe in second life. If those girls get to live again, what world will they have if we're stopping now?"

"You're a little funny." Y/N scoffed but she knew Jun has a point. 

"Whatever,"

"You're too old to believe in second life, I can't believe I am hearing this from you."

"I can't believe you don't believe in second life when vampires, wolves, and unordinaries exist." Jun ranted back.

What the two didn't know, there are people listening to them.

"Hey, hey, hey, we have no time for drama. The president sent a memo, save your tears now." Haewon said as she interrupted the two.

"Haewon! I told you not to do it!" Lily scolds.

"I had to, they are burning my eyes."

"Just say you wanna cry," Gaeul said.

"Yeah, we won't judge you." Karina followed up as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"See why I want them to have a life? They can't appreciate things like this." Jun said to Y/N making Y/N just shake her head.

"Let's get back to work and leave Haewon here so she could cry her tears out," Y/N said as she took the papers from Haewon and started to walk inside again. The other girls followed including Jun, leaving Haewon with teary eyes.

"You're really crazy, unnie."

_____________

Your PoV

As we met the royalties who are busy planning up, they all stopped what they are doing to let me read the memo from the President. After I finished, I looked at them and they all had the same expression. Well, almost all of them.

"You do think we can't slay all those vampires at once, right? I don't think our force is enough, especially if we are dealing with unordinaries turned vampires." Chaeyoung said.

"I know, but I think Jihyo knows too that it's not just us who will be fighting. We have a backup." I said as I looked at Jihyo.

I saw her reaction change as I said that. I figured out last night that maybe she already knows about that, she has the ability after all.

"What are you saying?" Sana asked.

"Jihyo?" Nayeon asked.

"Uhm...Well, we can't be sure-"

"It is sure. I saw it too, many times, and I am sure about it now. A group from your world will come to help us."

"Huh? Wait that's impossible, no one even can open a portal from there to here. Even Giselle have to try it multiple times, and Nayeon was all behind that." Momo said.

"Right, the other person we know that can open a portal is the creator. If she's going with-" Dahyun stopped mid-way as her eyes went wide.

"Hell, nah, don't tell me."

"Jihyo, is that true?" Nayeon asked.

For a moment, I saw hope in her eyes. Not a kind of hope that says we'll be finally able to finish the vampires because of the creator's help. But more personal...

Maybe she didn't really move on after all.

"Well, yeah. I also think that the real reason why there are portals showing anywhere even if Giselle doesn't use her power was because of Y/N... the creator Y/N."

"What?!"

"I think she's been trying to open a portal, but she keeps on failing," Jihyo said.

"I knew it wasn't me!"- Giselle

"That's not the point. Now that you know, I think it's better if we can connect to Y/N- Shin Y/N. So we can get her location and help her pass to this world." Jeongyeon said.

"Do you think you can contact them?" I asked Nayeon.

She looked at me as she shook her head.

"Well, if that's the case then we have to wait. Let's hope she's not too late to help us." I said before leaving them after I said what I needed to say.