Chapter 87: Night Cry

Jun and his team came even before Y/N's group escaped the place. But it's still too late for them to help. They gathered and transferred all the saved people while the other group which is Haewon's group also helped after clearing the outside place of vampires.

"Y/N!" Karina yelled as they saw them come out from the portal too. She left Giselle first then ran to Y/N but the explosion from the building caught them in shock.

"No." Y/N almost whispered as she was looking at the part of the building where the explosion came from.

"Girls!" Jun ran to them and checked each other if any of them were injured. But he was stopped when he saw Y/N still looking at the building with tears attempting to fall.

"Where's Kyujin, Leeseo, and Amy? We haven't seen them yet. We checked the people who came out from the portal." Karina asked Y/N.

Haewon went to them too but as soon as she saw Y/N's face, and Nayeon's reaction, she instantly gets what was going on.

"Y/N, answer me! Were they in the building?!"

Giselle, Sana, and Dahyun looked at Y/N as they were waiting too. They didn't know since they went out first.

Y/N broke down on her knees and Nayeon did too. Nayeon looked away as she couldn't see Y/N on the ground starting to cry messily.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."  Y/N whispered in shame as she kept her head low on the ground and started to punch the concrete with her bare hands.

Nayeon and Tzuyu instantly stopped Y/N before she could even break her hand. Karina on the other hand looked at the building as she started to put the puzzle together.

"No, no, Y/N, don't tell me—No." Karina mourned as she collapsed on the floor with Y/N.

Haewon and Gaeul also cried too as they saw the two bawling tears on the ground. Not so long, the other teams came with the backups of the president and Jun including  Lily.

"Haewon! What happened? Did you find them?" Lily asked cluelessly.

Haewon cried as she went to the girl and hug her. Gaeul did the same which made Lily more nervous. She looked at Y/N and Karina who are also crying which made her start to overthink.

"They didn't make it, Lily. They're gone... Kyujin and Leeseo, including Amy." Haewon cried on the girl's shoulder.

Gaeul consoles the girl but even she can't handle the truth. They saved many people, but they didn't save their friends. It was all for nothing, they thought.

____________________________________

Jennie's PoV

"We ready the group that will go with you, ma'am. Are you really sure about this?" my foreman said.

"Yes, I have to. The vampires inside haven't responded, and the first group I sent hasn't reported yet. I had a feeling something is happening."

I was just about to leave when someone barged in and it was Moonbin.

"If you're planning to stop me, I already made up my mind. I have my group going with me. You might want to look after our clan instead."  I said as I was about to walk past him but he held my arm to stop me.

"Did you send Eunwoo to your mission?"

"What? What are you saying?"

"I just heard you. Eunwoo hasn't come back yet. I have a feeling he went to the upper border. Did you send him there?" He asked calmly but what can I say? I don't know what he's talking about.