Chapter 5: Changes

Your PoV

I stayed outside after I witnessed the house. Now,  I realized more about what I should do. I was here not because I am a vampire like them already. But because I have a mission that I should accomplish.

Vampires should be long gone already. They shouldn't be here anymore. People had thought that they had vanished already. They are the main reason why many people had lost their families.

"Why are you still here?"

I looked up as I was sitting on the swing. I saw Eunwoo which made my mood change again.

"You should stay beside Jennie. You wouldn't know when you'll need her—"

"I don't need anyone," I said.

"You're just saying that for now. But you'll be needing her because your life is connected to her." He said.

"I met Moonbin outside the school. Like you, I've been sneaking out of school."

I looked up at him with a confused and irritated look. I don't need him as a storyteller. I won't ever forget how he was part of the group that chased us and killed granny.

"Why are you telling that to me?!" I asked indirectly telling him to leave.

"Because you're alone here? And you're my friend... Were."

"I'm fine being alone and I don't need you here. Leave before I'll do a thing to you."

"I didn't know losing your loved ones will cause you a big change, Y/N. And if you are used to being alone, then why you agreed to be owned by her? And I know you, all your life, you've been in school. Your whole life was revolving around your mom, friends,  and school."

"I said, I don't need you here! Stop acting as if you know me because you don't! I don't need your sympathy or what!" I yelled.

After that, he left as I said. I was clenching my fist as I put myself together.

I never said I am used to being alone. I only said I am fine with it. But it was never been okay to me. Maybe the reason why I thought I should agree, is because I don't have anyone anymore.

I thought that bite would kill me too. And I was so mad at those people that we were meant to save. Because if not because of them, we wouldn't need to sacrifice our lives for their peace.

But then I remember that vampires are the real reason why they died, and the reason why people are scared for their lives.

If I won't consider my hate for those normal people, I would be able to revenge for my loved ones' death.

One thing for sure is I am here for them and not for the people who used us for their good.

Locking us in that school, making us think they were concerned about what will normal people think of us. But in reality, they locked us there to use us and save them from this chaos.

_________
Third Person

"Are you ready? We are leaving in a few." Jennie told Y/N who's all her attention is on putting the tie on her suit.

Y/N groaned as she can't figure out how she'll put that thing on her fancy clothing. This is the first time she'll be going out to a big party. A special party for Jennie's youngest sister, Ningning.

"Let me help you." Jennie offered and walked on Y/N.

As she put the tie on Y/N. Y/N remained calm and unbothered.

It's been 8 years, and many things happened and changed. Y/N grew more as a vampire. Although Y/N didn't age, she's still as young as how she looked before.

And that is normal when you are a vampire. It's Ningning's birthday, the 18th birthday to be exact. She had grown as an adult and now she was a full-grown vampire.

"There," Jennie said.

She looked at Y/N to check if she feels comfortable, but as she dropped her gaze to the latter, the same expression she witnessed. The same old cold expression she had worn over the past 8 years.

Jennie smiled as she pulled Y/N's lips into a smile. Y/N wasn't really expecting it. But as Jennie does so, she wasn't able to react instantly.

"Can you at least smile? Show that you don't regret that you agreed to be mine." Jennie said with a faint sadness in her voice.

It's been 8 years since she had turned Y/N into a vampire and owned her. But after that, nothing else special grows between them.

Y/N pulled Jennie's hand off her as she halted back.

"I never regret it." Y/N shortly said.

Jennie does think Y/N meant what she said. But she also thinks that Y/N meant another thing with it.

"Okay, let's go. They're waiting."

Jennie and Y/N left the room and walked to where the party will occur. If it's for Y/N, staying in that house is no different from living in the school. It's been already 8 years since she had last seen what was on the outside.

What she didn't know, she's been seeing it. It's just not the same as it was before. The normal people decided to live in a locked city. Where people with extraordinary powers protect the normal ones.

And here they are, the vampires, owning almost the southern border of the country.

"Here they are." Jennie's stepmom said as they saw Y/N and Jennie together.

Jennie was walking ahead while Y/N is following her behind.

"Did it start yet?" Jennie asked.

"No, you're just in time. Have a seat, girls."

Jennie and Y/N sat at the vacant table. All those who were invited are vampires. Although not all vampires, only their relatives and next to the royal family of vampires.

"Hi, mom."

Y/N and Jennie both looked at the person who came and saw Moonbin with Eunwoo who just arrived, holding each other's hands.

"Oh, my sweet boys! Go, sit there. The party is just about to start."

"Look at them Jennie, don't you think your little brother is sweet? I remember the times you still take care of him. Now he's in his partner's hands."

Jennie just smiled as she looked at Moonbin and Eunwoo.

"When are going to plan to marry him? You should have by now. I think you two are ready for it."

"Mom... I don't think it's time for us, right, Jennie ."

Jennie and Y/N looked at Moonbin in sync as if they share the same thought.

"The last time I know, it was not me who should decide if you two should marry each other or not. Why are you putting this to me."

"I'm just thinking that you two should do it first. After all, you're the eldest."

"I know I am not dumb yet I can't see your point."

"I just—"

"We will soon. Moonbin just want to make sure that we two are both ready... That everyone's ready." Eunwoo butted in.

"Well then, maybe you should now. Jennie doesn't mind if you'll get married before her. I'm sure she's readying Y/N to that, right, Jennie?"

Jennie paused as she looked at Y/N who was looking away like she was not having it.

"Of course."