Chapter 74: Traced

Your PoV

It was the end of the day when I decided to go back to the safe house as I also need to check on Giselle. After Nayeon and I talked, I bid goodbye and she went back to the house to be with the girls.

And for some reason, I was kinda relieved now. Giselle is back, I don't need to wonder how to open up a portal just to get the royalties back. Somehow, the burden was lessened.

Also adding up that Nayeon talks to me. She's someone that I could talk about without being judged or neglected.

I am free to tell her everything I think about just like how I used to before. And I can't even tell if it's a good thing or not, but I feel much more... Old me.

I'm now here at the safe house, like I said, I wanna check on Giselle. Also, run some tests if she would let me. Now that we got her, there are many things we can accomplish not just because I want to but also as Nayeon's assurance.

"Hey, Y/N! Late night work again?" Sana asked as she opened up the door for me.

"Yeah, sorry. I lost my door keys for the basement, I have no choice but to go here." I said.

"No problem, come in."

"Are they sleeping already?" I asked, noticing the silence of the house as I walked in.

"Yeah, they are pretty busted. Got some a bit of celebration as Giselle came back. Thanks anyway. Oh! Also, they expect that there will be a huge movement in future days so they said they should catch up on some sleep."

"And you?"

"On my way too. Anything you need before I go to bed?"

"Uhm, could you call Giselle? I need to have a word with her. It can't wait for tomorrow too."

"Sure, I'll head now. Goodnight." Sana said as she went up to their room while I go to my lab in the basement to start up my equipment.

"Ugh! So stupid!" I grunt as I found my keys on my study table.

I opened the lights on and took off my coat as I know it will be a long night. Right now I am planning to do some study about the thing they got into Giselle's body.

After preparing my equipment, I also prepared the books I'll be needing after. For some reason, I am motivated to learn new things today that will help our plans. I just feel like everything is about to change.

"Hey," Giselle said as she suddenly popped out from somewhere. I looked at the door as I remember locking it.

I swear since the girls lived here, I got no private time in my own room. Which I just have to deal with since we are all in here together.

"How did you get in?"

"Portal, duh?" she said as she sat on a stool.

"I thought we have a deal not to use it unless you'll get a hold of it already. Who knows you'll bring that somewhere else?"

"That's the thing, I think I can hold it already. Just a ninety percent sure but-"

"Well, ninety isn't enough. Ask the queen and you'll know."

"Geez, okay. So, what are we up to?"

I just sighed and wear my protective gear before telling her to follow.

"Oh gosh, didn't know you run like a geek in here."

"Shut up and lay down. We need to finish this. If you feel nervous, just talk, I don't care."

She lay down on the bed as I said and I started to put the wires on her.

"So, how long have you been doing this? Not that I don't trust you, but I technically let you do stuff in me."