Chapter 37: Mother's Love

"It was just a week ago when I was turned into... You know. I thought I was going to die, but the vampire had a terrible accident, turning me into their kind. I'm part of the research team that the government formed to end the vampires completely. But I also found out that there's a small group in the government who take care of vampires for their own needs."  the mother explained while Y/N remained listening even tho her body is shaking because of how furious she is.

"I tried to tell it to the highest, but they caught me before I was able to do so. And that's how they turned me into one. They threw me off including the other bodies that they used. I know that there are vampires who have venom and if they dug their fangs into their victims, their victims will die after. But also some vampires can turn humans into their kind."

"That's right. Natural vampires can turn humans into vampires. While the ome they turned can kill humans." Y/N said.

"H-how were you able to step into the light anyway?" Y/N asked.

"I sneaked into the lab after I was turned into a vampire a few days ago. Then I saw sera, it was a huge step, I just know that the serum will allow me to step in the light. But I did not know what is the side effect of it."

"Did you know where these sera came from? I made some when I was still living on the southern border. But the family who took me found out about it. They considered me a traitor as I hid it from them. I just thought made they used it now. And gave some to the vampires in this border." Y/N said.

"No, I don't think so. This group,  I don't think they are connected to the vampires outside."

"What?"

"When you mentioned the 'next in line' thing, I was a bit confused. But I guess I know what you were looking for. The vampires outside are living for the longest time."

"They are." Y/N agreed.

"But the vampires I encountered are living like how we used to."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe because of too much exposure to humans, they learned to blend in. They were the ones who made the serum, I bet it was made a few years ago."

"They aren't just vampires who have superhuman senses. They have other abilities such as mind control and any other mental abilities."

"They are much more advanced than Jennie's family," Y/N mumbled.

"The vampires outside are living the classic life. I know as I lived with them for 8 years. That's why it also took me some time before I found a formula for the serum, allowing me to step into the light."

"You know, the vampires here are more powerful than the outside. Much smarter too, I say. They only turned the ones who have superpowers."

Y/N leaned back as she put the puzzle together. Is it possible...  Vampires vs. Vampires, and they are using the people to be their weapons.

"Do you have powers?" Y/N asked.

"No...  As I told you, they turned me accidentally. That's why they are after me now. They want to keep the blood of vampires for those only who also got powers. They think a vampire like me will be just a hindrance and also a rival when it comes to human blood."

"I'm sure there's more of that," Y/N mumbled as she tapped her fingers on the surface.

"What do you mean?"

"Have they mentioned a prophecy?" Y/N asked but the girl just frowned.

"What prophecy?"

"They probably don't know... Or maybe they don't care."