Racing - MV33

Y/N's breathing was heavy as she stared at the screen. Max's car was implanted in the wall and the track had fallen silent. It was the worst crash anybody had seen in a long time.

"Y/N." Daniel said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Y/N. Let me take them." he added. She didn't resist as he lifted Freddie out of her arms and into his, then took Arabella's hand.

"Is my Daddy gonna be ok?" Arabella asked. "Your daddy is a superhero and do you know what superheroes do?" Daniel said. "They try the hardest at everything even if they aren't doing so good." Arabella told him. "That's right." Daniel told her.

Y/N started to run but was stopped by Christian, who held her by the shoulders.

"Y/N, they're taking him by helicopter and you're not driving in this state." he told her. "I can, I can. I'm fine. Please. Let me go." she said, trying to push through. "Listen to me, Mick's gonna take you." he added. Y/N nodded. She just wanted to be with Max.

Mick soon arrived and took her to the hospital but Y/N couldn't bring herself to get out of the car.

"I can't do it, Mick." she told him. "That's ok." he said. "We'll just sit here until you're ready to. If you want me to come with you, let me know when and we can go. If you want me to wait in the car, I can do that too. You just let me know what you'd like to do." he added. Y/N nodded.

It was a while before Y/N felt ready enough to enter the hospital and even then, at every moment all she wanted to do was hide. But she pushed through it all so that she could find Max.

It wasn't long before Y/N reached his room. Her hand hovered over the handle, unsure if she was ready for whatever was going on behind this door.

"Oh, Max." Y/N said, trying to hold in her tears. She placed her hand on his head and gently stroked his hair.

"What's your mum going to say?" she said with a slight chuckle. "The kids, Max. Please be ok, for me, for them, for you. Please fight, Maxi, if you die, I will never ever forgive you." she added, beginning to break down.

It wasn't long before Y/N could feel Max's soft laughter.

"My mum's going to be so mad." he said. "I thought you were dead, Max! You can do that to me, babe! D*ckhead!" Y/N exclaimed, resting her forehead on their interlocked hands. "Same time next week?" Max joked, earning an eye roll and a laugh from Y/N.

"I'm going to be just fine." Max said. "I know, I believe you." she told him. "And you really heard all of that?" she added. "Yeah, I was trying so hard not to laugh." Max told her.

"I really hate you sometimes." Y/N said. "No you don't. You love me and I love you." Max said.