19

"How long does these things usually take?" Lando calls from the bedroom as I hover above the toilet, my hand clenching onto the test stick and trying to work out if I'm a decent enough aim to not pee on my hand right now. 

"What does the box say?" I ask. 

Lando suddenly walks into the bathroom, I forgot the box was sitting on the vanity. 

"Lando, you can't watch this!" I shrieked. 

He waves his hand off at me, shutting me up as he studies the box. "2-3 minutes" he reads out loud. "Make sure you get mid-stream, whatever the hell that means" he mumbles the last part to himself. 

I chuckle, as I return to concentrate of my task at hand. As I feel the urge coming along, I let a small amount release before pulling it back and directing the test stick in line with where the stream had been. 

After I get, what I believed, to be a decent amount on the end, I secure the cap and place it onto the bench, Lando immediately grabbing it and bringing it up to his eyes. 

"Lando!" I chuckle, "That has my pee on it!" I howled. 

"This is about to tell me if I'm going to be a dad or not, Evelyn. Your pee is the last of my worries right now" he replies in all seriousness. 

After I've cleaned myself up and returned my underwear to around my hips, I quickly wash my hands before standing behind him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and peering over to watch the blinking hourglass. 

Two to Three minutes are so much longer than I ever thought them to be in this moment. 

But then my heart stops. 

My mouth parts. 

My life restarts. 

"Oh my god" Lando gasps as he reads the words. 

I release my arms from around Lando's neck and back away from him slowly as my hands come up to my lips, sheltering their shock. 

"We're having a baby?" Lando gushes in an almost whisper, but I don't think he's talking to me. "I'm going to be a dad" 

He turns to face his body to face me, his attention still focused on the test stick. "We're having a baby" he repeats again, a small tear forming in the corner of his eye. "You're going to be a mummy." His gaze is now on mine, and the test stick is on the vanity. 

His hands reach the either side of my head, his eyes full glassy now, but the smile on his face not confusing my thoughts on how he feels about this. "We're having a baby, Ev" he repeats again, this time I know he's talking to me. 

My hands hold either side of my stomach as I drop my gaze from Lando and settle them on my flat stomach, "Our baby is in there?" I gasp. 

Lando chuckles before me as he pulls my head toward him and places a kiss on top of my head. "Our baby is inside of there" he agrees. 

I drag my eyes up to him, tears blurring my vision, yet my future standing in front of me is crystal clear. "I love you so much, Lando" I whisper in confession. 

The glass that once covered Lando's eyes now pour down his face. "You love me?" he asks in disbelief. 

Removing my hands from my stomach to the sides of his face, I pull him close to me, "How could I not? I know I've loved you for years, and whilst I may have forgotten part of us, you're part of me, and that's not something I can forget"

He presses his lips firmly to mine, the salty taste of his tears and mine mixed with his coating our lips. He breaks our lips only slightly, "I love you" he confuses straight on my lips before securing them there with his own. 

Lando drops to his knees suddenly, holding onto my hips and pressing a thousands kisses all over my belly. "I have no idea how to be a dad, peanut and I have no idea if I'll be a good one once I figure it out, but I promise you, I'm going to try my god dam hardest. I promise that no matter what, me and your momma will always be here, together" He mumbles his promises against my skin before placing even more kisses across my skin. 

"Together" I agree. 

**************************

Short chapter, sorry. Next one coming soon <3