17

"Well, that is not how I expected my day to go when I woke up this morning" he mocks as we lay stark naked in the bed, my head resting on his chest. "I mean, I'm not complaining though"

I tighten my grip around his waist and bury my head further into his side, if even possible.

"I know this doesn't mean that everything is back to normal, and how it was before. I know that we still have a lot of work to do, I'm just, hoping this means you'll let us try" he passions.

"I know" I whisper against his skin before placing a gentle kiss on the spot closest to my lips.

"I've missed you so much, you don't understand, Ev" he admits, his fingers brushing down the length of my hair, finding the end of my braids in his two fingers and twirling it around.

"What happens if my memory never comes back?" I admit to him in fear. 

"Things have already started coming back in pieces though, that should be a good sign that everything will, shouldn't it?" 

I shrug against him. "No one is really sure" 

"Well", he pushes against me to sit us both up, running his hands over either side of my face and then continuing down over my shoulders and my arms, "I promise I'll do whatever I can give you some of the best memories, now" 

My lips tighten in a smile as I nod my head in agreement. 

"So, what do you want to do today?" he asks more chipper. 

I smirk at where my brain went straight away, turning my body toward him and crawling up toward him and settling myself on top of him, pressing my pulsating nerves hard against where I can feel him growing beneath me. 

"Oh" he gasps, adjusting myself underneath me and steading my hips in his hands with a small growl in his throat. 

A few hours later, we've managed to crawl our way out of bed after another 2 distractions held us back. I wasn't sure what it was, but I just couldn't get enough of him now and craved more and more every time. 

As we walk hand in hand through the streets of Monza, we settle inside a small cafe and my eyes catch Lorenzo and Isadora straight away in the corner. 

"Come on" I whisper to Lando pulling him in the direction of them. 

"Oh Evelyn, how are you?" Isadora gushes as she sees me, pulling me in for a hug as she stands. 

"Hi sweetheart" Lorenza acknowledges, holding out his hand for me to grab. 

"Isadora, Lorenza, this is Lando" I pull Lando into front view. 

"The driver boy?" Isadora winks at me. 

I chuckle under my breath, hiding slightly into Lando's arm, "Yes" 

"It's very nice to meet you" Lando comments, shaking both of their hands. 

"Please join us" Lorenzo offers, gesturing to the two empty chairs at their table as he stands and heads back toward the counter, returning with two empty mugs. 

"So, Lando, Evelyn tells us that you're quite the driver" Isadora comments whilst pouring us both a cup of tea from the pot. 

"Thank you" Lando acknowledges as his cup is filled to the brim, "Oh, that's very sweet. Umm, I do okay. I had taken these past couple of months off, so I am eager to get back into it" 

I try not to take his statement person, I always knew he would be missing driving. But it makes me feel guilty that I knew I was the reason he chose to let it go, yet we didn't even spend the time together. 

"And your intentions, with our young Evelyn here?" Lorenzo bates, earning him a warning slight smack on the arm from Isadora. 

"Lorenzo!" she gasps as the rest of us chuckle. 

"No, no, it's fine" Lando holds his hands up in defence, "I completely get it, she's someone worth protecting" he eyes me and it sends a shyness through my veins, settling right between my thighs. "But I can promise you, Lorenzo, my intentions with her are always going to be in the most purest form I can give her. Even the thought of hurting her again.." his face tenses and turns away. "It's not going to happen. I can promise you that" 

Out the corner of my eye, I see Isadora wiping a tear from her face, as my gaze is stuck on Lando. He's looking right into my eyes, his hand resting on my thigh as his finger unknowingly grazing back and forth. "I promise you" He whispers for my ears only. 

"I know" I whisper back. 

"Well, thats very well then. Lando how about you and I go and get these lovely ladies some food" he suggests, gesturing toward the counter. 

Lando sends me a wink, before placing a kiss on my cheek and leaving with Lorenzo, his gaze holding mine as he backs away, bumping into the table behind us and offering his apologies. 

"He seems wonderful, darling" Isadora gushes, "You obviously have a little bit happen between this mornings session and now, the last I heard, things weren't the greatest with you two" 

I glance over toward Lando, who's receiving a similar ear full from Lorenzo, but his eyes are trained on me, sending me another wink. 

"Yeah, I ran into him.. quite literally actually" I stop and reminisce with a chuckle. "And I guess you could say we reconnected, I just.." I let out a breathily sigh, "So much has happened" 

Holding my two hands between her own, "The face that you can go through so much and still find a way to reconnect, that's a positive sign darling" 

I nod my head in understanding, trying to fight back the emotions. 

"You love him" she expresses. 

"Oh, I'm not entirely sure.." 

Isadora cuts me off with a chuckle and placing her delicate hand on my arm, "It wasn't a question, sweetheart"

I'm unable to respond as Lando and Lorenzo make their way back to the table, placing an assortment of treats on the table. 

"What'd we miss?" Lando asks as he settles down, offering me the plate of macaroons. 

As I gaze upon him, my eyes taking in his curls, the little dimple in his left cheek with the beauty mark right above it. The way in which is eyes seem to always see me, rather than just looking at me. 

I shake my head slightly as tears fill the corners of my eyes, "I'll tell you later"