13

LANDO

She's here. Why is she here? How is she here?

When I saw her walk fast the garage, I thought my eyes were deceiving me.

Surely not - I thought - surely she wasn't here.

But she was. She was standing right in front of me, a ghost of a woman I loved. Or still love. To be honest, I'm not quite sure anymore.

After feeling like I need to vomit, I head back to my garage, pacing around, trying to figure out my next move.

I bring my hands up to my hair in frustration, letting out a irritated groan.

"You alright, man" Oscar asks, as it is his garage I'm having this breakdown in.

"Evelyn's here" I announce, the pacing continuing. "She's here. Acting like absolutely nothing is wrong and she hasn't called! And she hasn't messaged! And I have no idea how she is. I have no idea how she's feeling. And all she's being doing is being here with HIM!" I smack my fist against the wall of the garage, a rattling sound vibrating through the entire shed.

Oscar looks at me concerned. "Take it easy, hey" he comforts, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I'd built up all this frustration and anger and pain, and it seemed as if laying my eyes on her again just opened the flood gates.

"I can't do this" I announce, heading out the back of the garage towards the paddock. I needed a time out. I needed.... Fuck it. I needed her. But I couldn't.

As soon as I exit the McLaren garage, tears staining my cheeks, my vision blurred from my eyes, I knew I just needed to put my head down and get out of there, but that plan turned to shit when the first thing I spot out of the garage is her, again.

The back of her this time, Charles facing my direction.

He spots me immediately and his expression matches the excruciating pain in the pit of my stomach.

His expression sets off alarm bells for Evelyn and it's as if the way she turns to face me happens in slow motion.

As our eyes lock, I notice her parting of her lips as she takes in my over emotional state, but she quickly covers it, a coating of anger and hate taking over her expression as she looks me up and down with disgust.

I didn't understand.

I'm the one angry with her, so why does she look so pissed at me?

I couldn't help it, I needed some answers, or some closure. I couldn't decide. My legs were taking me in her direction in an urgent manner.

I see red when I see Charles hand be placed in a protective manner on the small of her back.

"Don't do this here, Norris" he warns.

I fire him a look, "I need to talk to you" I direct straight at Evelyn.

She tilts her chin up, I can see the confidence and fire radiating through her. She turns and places her back resting gently against Charles front. "I don't think either of us have anything to say right now"

"What are you talking about?" I gasp. "You haven't tried to call me in weeks!" I defend.

She shakes her head, looking almost amused. "Charles is right, we shouldn't do this here" she deflects.

I let out a frustrated chuckle, "We need to talk, Evelyn"

"We weren't together, Lando. There's no need to make a big song and dance about the break up" she remarks, but for the slightest moment, I saw that comment hurt her. I saw some ounce of care behind the statement.