Chapter 29

Ayanna's POV

We're on our way to the wine tasting that I got us tickets for, my baby on the passenger's while duh, I'm driving. She's holding my hand that's laying on her thigh like always. She's looking so freaking handsome on that light blue dress shirt, chinos that are a tone darker, brown belt and shoes that she got on- like she said- to look good for her queen. Ugh, she's gonna be the damn death of me. Me on my side, I'm on a pink halter dress complimented with earrings matching the silver accesories and white heels cuz hey, wanna look good for my baby too.

'Have I mentioned how stunning you look today?' She wonders as she opens the door for me, I can't help my wide ass smile

'I think you did baby but thank you.' My smile grows while I entwine my fingers with hers. 'You got so handsome for me.'

'All for you babe.' She smiles as big, my eyes trail her beautiful features

'Of course, you're all mine.' I fix the back of her collar, her cheeks get slightly pink as I inch closer to her face

If she only knew I'm going to propose, I can't wait to see her face then and also hope she likes the ring set I chose which consist of a small, gold engagement ring that matches the wedding one that's gold with a white gold stripe along the middle although that's not the point now...

'Infinite percent.'

I peck on her lips and we smile at each other before we walk into the winery. Once there the staff receives us, welcoming us in after we show them the confirmation of the reservation. It starts with a small tour where they tell us a bit of the winery's history and how the wine is made. I notice that my baby is all focused which I find so cute and enticing, I knew she was gonna love it. Somehow, someway though, I feel so damn nervous about the proposal like.. I'm freaking going to do it yes or yes, but my heart pounding against my ribcage ain't helping.

Anyways, after the small tour, they take us into the wine tasting room. They explain a bit about the wines we will be tasting and the notes they have. Following that we just go at it, picking up the first sample...

'This one's a little bitter, not bad though.' She comments

'I agree, it has a bit of a fruity note to it also.'

She nods in agreement, then we pick up the next sample. Is it the right moment? No, I shall ask at home right? Maybe when we get to.. hell no! Not on the damn car. When we get home, yeah, yeah. Alright, but I should've done something for it right? Like make a plan to give our living a bit of razzle dazzle or something in order to set up the mood. I mean, which mood? Either way she could say no. Of course she won't Ayanna, you know that. Okay, okay, let me stop and just...

'How was it from one to ten?' I wonder a bit playfully, she smiles

'Twenty' She replies smiling as she hops in the passenger's and I smile right back

'I'm very happy that you enjoyed it that much.' I lean towards her side to kiss her, kiss her good. 'Happy anniversary baby.'

'Happy anniversary, mi reina.'

Smiling like absolute fools, we take our way back home while singing along to some beautiful Spanish ballads from the playlist that she made me. Aside from that she hasn't given me anything else but I can't care less. Any detail she decides to have with me is more than enough...

'What is this about?' I instigate when she opens the door for me and I see a path of rose petals leading to the door

'Want to find out?' She playfully asks, I can't help my giggle

'Of course.'

I follow the path into the house that leads me towards the living room, where there is an array of ballons decorating it along with and I ♡ you spelled out with the petals and happy anniversary with ballons in the background wall. My mouth opens in amusement as I take on all of my surrondings, turning to look at her who's now on one knee.. no way!