Chapter 4

Serene's POV

Today's chilly which means it's time to pull out the sweaters and jackets for real now. I love this time of the year only cuz I can wear my repertory of outfits built upon layers. Placing that aside, Ayanna. Apart from the fact that gosh, I miss her, I've felt little more than once around her and that is no good. As in, for one part it is cuz I feel safe, protected, like I can fully trust her which is good but for another part, I'm not sure she'd like that. I very much love just being her girlfriend so things might as well stay just the way they are.

'How things going with yo new girl, Serene?' Niyah, my coworker from the tat shop, wonders

'It's all good.'

'Am freaking glad girl, was bout time.'

I chuckle 'Yeah.'

Then I receive a text...

A: Should I pick you up or we'll meet up there?
S: Could you pick me up? I didn't come in my car.

Hey, it's like a 10 min walk from my place. Gotta save that gas.

A: Oh yeah what a question I just asked, lord 💀 I'll be right there ❤
S: Alright babe, thank you 💘
A: It's no problem baby! 😘

Her excitement is too cute. I love how she's so happy to see me every time. Obviously I always feel very happy to see her as well, she always makes me feels butterflies and my heart flutters and I get all fussy in the best way and gosh, it's like I'm a damn teenager instead of a young adult but it's indeed a lovely feeling.

'Hey babygirl.' She greets me with a peck on my lips once I hop in, my cheeks burn. Dammit. 'Took you off guard?'

'A.. a bit.' I feel myself all shy, yet notice the short red dress that hugs her body in all the right places combined with golden accesories and some makeup on her gorgeous features

'You like what you see, huh?' She wonders, making me realize I was staring

'Uuuuh y-yeah.' Was all I could stupidly mutter out

'Good, cuz I'm loving what I see.' She grabs my face and eyes me down, leaving me breathless

A brief smirk appears on her face before driving off. Me on my side, I'm wearing a black dress shirt, slacks of matching colors, timbs, a gold necklace and watch along with my diamond stud earrings. We going to the club today and hell, we look so good together. Sadly enough there aren't any queer bars in our area but whatever, we just wanna have fun together.

As soon as we enter the club I can feel eyes on us, specially on her, specially of dumbass men. I'm fucking here and we literally holding hands, ya know? Of course, they give zero flying fucks. I do my best to just ignore it, my gorgeous girl leaning in to tell me something...

'Dancing first or what?'

'Lets have a drink.'

'Are ya sure?'

'Yeah'

Now I'm the one trynna look cool. Not that I don't drink, just that I don't usually do so cuz I'm very much a lightweight even if I don't like to admit it. Anyways, we get to the bar and she asks for two beers that we calmly drink while talking about nothing of any substance yet I love the way her words smoothly slide through those gorgeous lips of hers. Suddenly, the bartender slides a shot her way.

'What up?' She says with a quite heavy attitude

'It's from a guy at that table.' They point at a table that's a few feet away. 'The one with the cap.'

There he is, stupidly smiling her way while licking them lips and I wanna punch his fuck face.

'Tell him to fuck off, that I have a girlfriend.' She slides the shot back to the bartender. 'Lets go dance now babes.' She entwines my fingers with hers and we take off to the dance floor

'Got it babe, you ight?' I loudly ask so she's able to hear me through the booming music

'I am baby, don't worry.' She picks up my hand and sways her hips. Holy fuck, she's sure is breathtaking. 'Lets just dance.'

'Of course but let me tell ya that you look stunning, mami.' I say, she smiles wide

'Thank you hun.'

'Just the truth.'

After sharing a smile, we simply dance. Let me tell you that she's got the moves and I really hope that I'm doing at least decently. From one moment to the other some reggaeton starts playing, making both of us go a little insane on the dance floor. Just a little, I'm not one to go what would be too crazy for me which is to grind and shit, it was simply some intense hip swaying with a little bit of dropping it to the floor but not really, more like bending the knees a bit. From one instant to the other the damn bastard from earlier appears.

'Hey mama, wanna dance?' He says in a flirty manner

He just called her what?

'Didn't the bartender give ya my message, boy?' The attitude on her tone, on her gestures becomes way heavier than before

'Yeah, just like em hard to get like you.' He takes a step closer

I start looking around for a way out but it was a tad bit too crowded.

'Yoooo get fucking lost bro, I am not available.'

'That lil girl yo so called girlfriend?' He snorts. 'Nice joke.'

'Ain't a joke, get lost you musty ass.'

'Cmon, just a dance and you'll change yo mind.'

'She told ya to get fucking lost!' I shout, pushing him with all might, making his ass almost fall to the floor, she holds up my shoulders

'Baby, no.' I hear her say but at the same time rage takes over me

'Yo, what the fuck?' He squares up, I get loose from her hold

'Take the fucking no for an answer, you damn bastard.'

A punch goes across my face, I feel my eye and cheekbone sting. I am quick to regain my composture and kick his crotch with the tip of my timbs. When he bends down in pain I grab his shoulders, seriously up to kick his damn butt face but I feel a strong pull on the back of my shirt, strong enough to draw me apart. The same hand pulls my shoulder to make me turn around and there she was, a non pleasant expression painted on her pretty face.

'Lets go.' She grabs my hand

I keep silent, unsure of what to say as we walk down to the exit. As silently we get on the car and she parks by a curb once we're at a certain distance. I wanna cry but it's not a good moment fuck, keep strong.

'Are you alright baby?' She takes a closer look at my face

'I'm on one piece so I guess I am.' I reply, flinching when she touches around my cheekbone

'How much does it hurt, baby? Is it a whole lot? Should I take you to the hospital?'

'I don't think I need a hospital babe, just some ice don't worry.' I answer, the stupid tears starting to flow out

'What's wrong baby?' She gently pushes the tears away with her thumb, on my good side of course

'I'm sorry for getting in trouble.'

'Baby it's okay, it passed. Thank you for defending me but if anything like this ever happens again please don't do that. I will find a way out, okay?'

'Okay mami.' I reply

'Oh baby, lets get home hm? I'll take care of you.' She kisses my hand and holds it over the panel before driving off

I feel so small and that ain't good...