Chapter 1

Ayanna's POV

It's currently a bright afternoon on that time of the year where in the morning it's cold enough to use a sweater but at noon it starts getting warmer so you need to take it off. Despite that, I keep mine on since I'm currently sitting at a rather empty café typing out an email. A gush of warmer air rushes through the door as it opens yet again, causing me to briefly look in that direction by reflex. However, that brief moment becomes a bit when I see a completely gorgeous stud coming in, too bad she has some company. I dismiss it and almost immediately avert my eyes back to my laptop's screen.

Hell, why am I picturing that cute ass girl on my lap instead? Probably because I could still take on her beautiful features; some short, black, soft curls falling down a backwards fitted cap, bright dark brown eyes, adorable freckles, thick lips and brows complimented by a cute button nose. From one moment to the other, that random girl accompanying her starts arguing while they're on the line. I notice how said girl is getting a bit aggressive while the poor girl is trying to get her to calm down and the dude behind them simply goes ahead to order.

'Everything alright over here?' I wonder, coming closer but not too much in case that stupid girl is on the mood to hit someone

'Ah great, the bitch's coming to defend yo ass now.' The random girl angrily states, the cute girl opens her mouth to say something

'Yo, don't come and call me a bitch when ya don't even know me, you the one being a tad bit too feisty.' I interrupt

'Shut the fuck up, do ya know who ya talkin to?'

'An asshole.' I smirk

'You the asshole! Checkin out a girl that ain't yours.'

'It ain't like am yours either, what the fuck's wrong with ya?' The sweet low voice of the other girl says

'I didn't even looked at y'all for more than a solid thirty seconds girl, you just insane.'

She looks at me, then back at the girl and keeps it going for a minute, back and forth until her filthy ass mouth opens to say something.

'You know what? Fuck y'all. Stay with this bitch, I'm out.' She angrily says, storming out the establishment

The cute girl stays in shock for a solid minute and now that I take a closer look at her, she's way way cuter than I thought.

'I'm so sorry about that, ya don't deserve to be called a bitch.' She breaks the silence

'It's alright hun, it wasn't your fault, she was the one that said the words.'

'Thank you for coming up here, I appreciate it.'

'Hey, I wasn't just gonna stand there watching yo girl get aggresive on ya.'

'She isn't. My girlfriend, that is. Just a date. It was suppossed to be our first date but that was that.'

'Huge red flag there.'

'Definitely.' She tries to chuckle it away. Well, it was more of a cute giggle. 'Anyways, I'm guessing you have things to do so...

'I was about to grab a coffee, do ya wanna stick around?' I wonder hopefully, she smiles slightly

'Sure'

'I'm Ayanna and you?' I extend my hand at her, she picks it up

'Serene' We share a warm handshake. The way she pronounced her name is different, it sounds more like Hispanic. 'That's a pretty name, does it have a meaning?' She wonders, I nod

'It means flower.' I answer, she smiles

'It suits you.'

'Thank you, but may I know why?'

'Because.. you're beautiful like.. like.. a flower.' She gets a tad bit nervous and it's just too cute, I smile

'Thank you, so are you, you're super cute.'

I go up to order me a latte, she follows by getting an iced coffee and a croissant. When she looks at me again, I notice her a whole lot flustered.

'Thank you for the compliment.'

'It's only the truth.' I smile wide. 'Not gonna lie, ya got my eye.'

'R-really?' She looks away nervously, I chuckle lightly

Aww she's adorable.

'Of course, you're a gorgeous woman.' I smile wide, a slight blush creeps on her cheeks. 'I also think your name fits ya cuz damn, you kept calm with that girl.' I raise my brows, she giggles

Such a cute giggle.

My order gets called out and briefly after so does hers. We sit down on the same table I was at before. I put my laptop aside, placing my cup on the coffee table in front of us while she also places her beverage there.

'I mean, I ain't one to look for trouble or a fight so you might be right.'

'Me either, only when it's appropiate.' I reply, she takes a bite of her croissant

'Of course.'

'So you don't like warm coffee?'

'I'm not a coffee lover really, I only drink it occassionally or when I need to. What about ya?'

'It keeps me alive.' I chuckle

Cuz I work a lot. I'm a freelance graphic designer and I usually fill up my schedule with tons of work but that's a story for another day. This girl, I like her. She seems so soft, so gentle. Maybe she's the one I've been looking for? I'll dismiss that for now. A conversation about our likes, dislikes, hobbies and that sort starts, and it happens we have a couple things in common.

'It seems like you had yo date after all.' I chuckle, yet another blush crawls to her cute freckled cheeks

'Seems like it.' She smiles shyly

'Want to go on another one?' I smile, looking at her glowing brown eyes

'I'd love to. Want to.. um.. exchange.. numbers, maybe?' She gets so cutely nervous again

She'd love to. I feel like I'm up in the air right now.

'Lets do that.' I pick up my phone. 'What's yours?'

She tells me her number and I dial it, causing her phone to ring...

'Alright got yours.' She smiles

I save her as a contact and see her do the same for a short bit. It seems like she's attracted to me as well. I mean, if she gave me her number it's obvious that she is, I just hope not to scare her away if anything.

'How about Friday at 7?' I wonder, she blushes a bit more intense this time

'Sounds good to me.' She replies smiling

With that said we say our respective goodbyes..

I hope I'm not wrong this time...