♡Quentin~II♡

(So much happened here, I just- the title is the best part about this whole imagine. Hatch is obviously the worst, the rest is kind of mid. It's 3,800 words and some change, so you guys have fun reading that. Personally, I enjoy ones that are longer as long as it's detail that makes it longer rather than just trying to cover a lot of plot. I think this one does more of the latter, so I am sorry about that, but I'm hoping the detail will be enough to keep you guys reading. If you have requests, please share them. I am working on updating my old imagines (since I'm embarrassed by them), and making them match these ones a little better, so if you get notifications of me publishing parts I've already published, they've been updated and are better and are def worth a read (hopefully). Anyway, please enjoy-)

Forgiveness, Can You Imagine?

"I'm not supposed to be in here," you state, rubbing the back of your neck nervously. Quentin, on the other hand, doesn't seem phased by this distinct break in protocol.

"If Dr. Hatch didn't want us to date family, he shouldn't have given us so much alone time," he says finally, shutting the door to his room. While he busies himself with cleaning up the mess he lives in, you stand near the doorway unnerved.

"You really decided to break the rules when he's finally lost his mind? He'll feed us to rats if he catches us." You say, wiping your sweaty palms on your shirt.

The new Elgen is not the vision you'd hoped. The only reason you'd stuck out this long is because you were never on the front lines. You were kept behind the scenes and you were fed lies. But now that you know, you live in a constant state of fear, walking on eggshells around every sworn member of the Elgen, even your boyfriend, Quentin, and especially Tara who has turned her back to you ever since she found out about you and Q.

"Then he won't catch us," the blonde boy replies, crossing the room to place a gentle kiss on your lips. "You need to relax."

"There's no such thing as relaxing anymore," you sigh, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Well in that case, I hereby order you to relax." He says, scooping you off your feet. Any other time you would have quickly forgotten what you were worried about, wrapping your arms around his neck, and succumbing to his smile. But in the here and now, Quentin couldn't have chosen a worse time to begin breaking rules. Hatch is absolutely off his rocker.

"As King?" You frown.

"That was supposed to make you smile," he says, laying you down on his bed and then crawling in beside you.

"I don't smile anymore. There's no more smiling on Hatch Islands." You reply, burying your head in his neck. He wraps his arms around you, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

"I'm sure I can still make you smile," he replies, puffing out his chest with pride.

"You haven't so far, your majesty." You snide, playing with the hem of his shirt, angry at his disregard for future security. Of course, you want to be with him, but you also don't want to be put in unnecessary danger.

"Y/n? Are you sure you're okay?" He asks, tilting your chin up so you're looking in his eyes. The big blue orbs that stare back at you are pulling words from your mouth before your brain registers you're confessing. How could you not? He looks so genuinely concerned.

"Can you pulse first?" Without hesitation, he does, taking out any listening devices before you spill your secrets.

"Tell me," he begs, his eyes doing the same.

"I'm scared. I don't think I'm on the right side,"

"You want to be with Vey?" Quentin asks, his eyebrows furrowing as if he can't understand what you mean.