♡Torstyn♡

(Hopefully this isn't too bad for my first imagine. I am a day late, but shhhhh. No one else needs to know.)

Fireworks Inside and Out

You're startled awake from an otherwise peaceful slumber when your bedroom door hits the wall. "Y/n!" Torstyn says, sauntering into your room

"Wha...what?" You ask, rubbing your eyes and looking around. Torstyn has been your best friend for years. Even though he has changed to everyone else, he hasn't to you. He's taller, more muscular, and beautifully tanned, but he's still the same boy who made your art project explode and you cry. To avoid getting in trouble, he said he would help you remake it and that started your friendship. Six year old you didn't know, years later, you would fall for him. Hard.

He still has a rough exterior that keeps a lot of people away, but you know it's not all true. He's got an ego that needs to be controlled and he's easily angered, but you have been able to remedy that. Thus, by looking deeper than what's on the outside, you have - indeed - fallen for him. Hard.

I mean who wouldn't want them a man that goes hunting alone in the Peruvian Amazon? Or fights an anaconda and comes out with only a scar - a cool looking scar - and a new pair of boots? But also a man who is not above worshipping the ground you walk on - which he does, despite you not being his.

"It's New Years Eve, which means you have to stay up with me." He relays, crossing his arms across a muscled chest. You realize he's not asking you, he's telling you. There's one thing about Torstyn you can't stand. Despite all his time in Peru, he still expects everything he wants on a silver platter, right when he wants it. Every so often, you have to take him down a few pegs.

"Well I don't know." You mock hesitation, even though you would gladly stay up with him forever if he so desired.

Torstyn rolls his eyes. "Please? I wanna see the fireworks." Torstyn has always loved fireworks. Perhaps it's the chaos that turns out to be something beautiful or maybe he just likes that it explodes. Whatever it is, he can't get enough of them. He'd stay up all night watching the fireworks whenever they would go off, regardless of whether or not you fell asleep. He has been so busy the last couple years, he hasn't been able to sit down and watch them. You can see the confidence slowly fading in his eyes, so to spare him his dignity, you nod.

"I guess so," Torstyn smiles.

"You're a doll," he exits the room a lot quieter than when he entered, leaving you to adjust your covers and wait in anticipation of when he'd get back.

He actually returns a couple times. Setting up your balcony with different necessities. Fairy lights, snacks, chairs, blankets. Everything you would need to have a good night before the fireworks begin at midnight. Lastly, he extends a hand to you. (He looks like the hot hero out of one of those old movies about to take the damsel in distress away).

"Come on, Y/n." He says, smiling at you - that smile that can light up a million rooms. Butterflies erupt in your stomach as you take his hand and he pulls you up. He wraps an arm around your waist, which just made the butterflies flutter more, and leads you outside. "Ta da." He whispers, his head dipping such that his breath tickles your ear.

"Wow." You exclaim with a smile. "Torstyn, it looks beautiful." His hands squeeze your waist gently, guiding you over to one of the chairs. He hands you your favorite snack, sitting in the chair next to you with a bag of chips. Something else he hasn't had while in Peru.

"So," you say after a moment. "Tell me about Peru,"

"What do you wanna know?" He asks, giving you an eye. It's a touchy subject for him, being sent away to fight for himself while everyone else got a cushy lifestyle. Like Tanner, when he's away, he's away. And when he's back you don't ask what happened when he was away, unless he volunteers a story.

"Tell me the anaconda story again," Torstyn rolls his eyes, but a small smile gives away that he'd be happy to talk about it again. He launches into yet another rendition of the story. Playing it out with his hands as if to make the scene come alive in front of you.

You listen intently, his story snowballing into other stories that has him talking nonstop for an hour or so. He leaves no tale untold, dazzling you with his heroism. At 11:58, Torstyn seems to pause, his mind suddenly elsewhere.

A countdown clock, projected by the Elgen, appears in the sky. Surprisingly enough, Hatch is very keen on the "new year, new me" philosophy.  So his company is big on the holiday. At 11:59, Torsyn turns to look at you. He doesn't say a thing just stares into your eyes, communicating exactly what he wants.

Ten

Crowds down the street can be heard chanting, but you don't look away. You can't look away. There's something in Torstyn's eyes daring you to try.

Nine

He makes a show of leaning towards you, close enough you catch whiffs of his shampoo and body wash.

Eight

Seven

Not to be outdone, you move closer to him, inviting what you hope is going to happen.

Six

Five

He is so close you can feel his breath tickle your nose. His gaze flickers back and forth from your eyes to your lips, trying to decide which to focus on.

Four

Three

You lick your lips slowly, nerves settling in your stomach. What if he doesn't like it? What if you aren't good at it? What if you ruin your friendship? Too many doubts run through your head, causing you to reconsider.

Two

Before you can pull away, Torstyn pushes his lips against yours. You melt against his lips, all of your doubts fading, and feel him relax when you kiss him back. Your hand wraps around to the back of his neck and your eyes flutter closed. Slowly, Torstyn breaks the kiss, leaning his forehead against yours.

"Happy New Year, Y/n."

"Happy New Year, Torstyn."

Curled up together underneath a blanket, the two of you watch the fireworks. Starting the year off right, hand-in-hand.