♡Ostin♡

(Again. It was a long ride. I wrote an imagine for almost everyone the ones I haven't written yet, I might write tomorrow...maybe...)

Ostin Level Smart

You had wished for a while that you could be more useful. That you had a power, or were as strong as Jack. Perhaps even as smart as Ostin. Not to say that you aren't strong or smart, but you tend to level off at above average. Not at Ostin or Jack level which would be way above average.

You'd worked hard to put yourself out there. Taking jobs to prove to others (but mostly yourself) that despite only being above average, you belong on the team; however, with the danger ahead of you, you figured that staying in the main control room with Ostin would be fine. There you would probably be the most helpful, anywhere else you'd probably get in the way.

You sit on a stool in front of the large panel, your eyes dashing back and forth between the different security screens. You watch each for a couple seconds, keeping your eyes moving like they teach in Drivers Ed, trying to alert anyone of danger that Ian might not see.

But that never happens. Every time you'd reach for your radio, Ian would beat you to it. Which is good since he's supposed to see everything. Still, you frown, disappointed you're not doing much else to help.

Ostin notices your slight frown and gives you a look. "What's the frown for?" He asks, pausing to push a hand through his hair.

"I...it's kinda stupid." You mutter.

"Nothing you say is stupid. You're the smartest person I know." You scoff.

"Have you met yourself?"

Ostin thinks for a moment. "I mean I guess at some point you do have to meet yourself, but I've never formally been introduced,"

You giggle softly, Ostin's cheeks color over with a light pink at your reaction. "I meant that you're the living, breathing form of Google and you're telling me that I'm smart?"

"Well, yes," Ostin grins. "And since I'm the living, breathing form of Google, I know everything. Which means I know this."

"Google isn't always correct. It also brings up Wikipedia to answer your questions." You reply, crossing your arms as if daring him to try and comeback.

"Sometimes very smart people edit Wikipedia," Ostin says, slight offense crossing his face. (Headcanon that Ostin goes and changes Wikipedia information so that it's correct because he takes personal offense when someone says something wrong)

You laugh slightly, shrugging in response. With no witty comeback, you let the topic go. You turn back to scanning the screen, gasping as you catch sight of a bullet grazing Jack. "We have to do something to help them."

Ostin slumps, guilt written all over his face. He got caught up in the moment with you and totally forgot about what was happening just outside the walls. "But we don't have a calvary to send in. And this would be a great time to send them in."

Your frown deepens, a cloud of hopelessness settling over your mind. If Ostin can't figure it out, how are you supposed to? You sigh, feeling defeated. A large clap of thunder causes you to jump, the patter of rain picking up. The sudden weather intervention did nothing, but depress your mood even more. Perfect weather for utter defeat.

"Rain, rain go away," Ostin mirrors your sigh, pushing up his glasses as he looks over feed. You lean forward, catching glimpses of the rain on the cameras, when realization rushes over you like a tidal wave.

"Maybe we do."

"Maybe we do what?"

"Have a cavalry," You push a couple buttons, trying and failing a few times before a robotic voice conveys your success. Ostin is watching you, no doubt he figured out what you were doing, but left it up to you so you can take credit for the victory.

"Y/n! You're a genius!" He says giving you a grin, watching the rats go crazy as they envelop the field in a dark moving mass.

"You gave me the idea."

"But you had it." He points out. You're about to argue - much to your own surprise, you can't take his compliment - when the radio static crackles.

"Y/n, Ostin, you guys are geniuses."

You reach for the radio to say thanks, but Ostin snatches it from your hand. You don't think you've ever seen him move that fast before. "It was Y/n's idea!"

Michael doesn't even hesitate. He doesn't even sound surprised as he edits his original message. "Y/n, you're a genius."