"Geez, what's with the girl?" Jisoo turned to her dad, scratching her head.

"Ah, Jisooya..." her father invited Jisoo to sit while trying to calm Jennie down, "why don't you sit with us and listen to the poor girl."

"Are we sure Dalgom's still breathing beneath all these gifts? Dalgom? Where are you, buddy?"

"She cares more about her dog," Jennie tapped her eyes lightly, drying the tears that weren't there.

"My daughter," her father tried to speak on behalf of Jennie, "Jennie came to bring back your clothes that she borrowed, along with the generous gifts."

"Jennie, when did you prepare all these gifts? Don't you think they're too much?"

"Last night," Jennie answered with a small voice, "after you told me that you're going home this weekend."

"You should've told me that you're coming over. And how did all these gifts even fit in your car?"

"She rented a van," Jisoo's father looked at Jennie with a concerned look.

"A whole van????" Jisoo gagged.

"I've told Jennie that she can come anytime, empty-handed," Jisoo's father smiled at Jennie, "I'm happy to receive you in my house whenever you like."

"Thank you, father," Jennie gave a weak smile.

"And it comes to my concern," Jisoo's father frowned disapprovingly at Jisoo, "that my daughter has treated her girlfriend not in the best manner."

Jisoo knew what it was all about, "Dad! It's just clothes! It isn't some big problem! I just want her to-"

Jennie started sobbing again, her bottom lip jutted out dramatically, quivering as if it had a mind of its own.

"Oh, dear Jennie..." Jisoo's father tried to console her.

"She doesn't love me anymore, father..."

"Jen, are you for real???"

"Jisooya, I have always encourage you to share your belongings. We may not have a lot, but we should still try our best to help those around us, especially our loved ones."

Jennie weakly nodded in agreement, eyes swollen and bloodshot, reflecting the pain she carried within.

"I swear dad, I don't have problem sharing-"

"She even accused me of stealing her clothes, father," Jennie's voice cracked, tears falling, accompanied by deep breaths.

Jisoo was utterly impressed with her girlfriend's performance.

Dramatically, she handed Jisoo a bag filled with her clothes, "You can check the bag, please tell me if something's missing."

"There's nothing missing, Jennie," Jisoo's father hastily comforted Jennie, "Jisoo, you will apologize to the young lady and find a way to make up for your impudence."

In that instant, a sneaky, triumphant grin crept onto Jennie's face, along with the tears that decided to throw an after-party.

"She wouldn't do it, father."

"She would, Jennie. Jisooya, bring the girl to your room and solve the problem."

"But dad..."

"Quickly, my daughter."

"Alright, dad..." Jisoo finally said and took the girl to her room.

***

Jennie sat on the edge of the bed, her back turned to Jisoo. They were in Jisoo's room, the silence was broken only by Jennie's stifled sobs. Jisoo sat beside her, unsure of how to handle all the drama.