Last ride?

Jisoo walked to Jennie's building after she had lunch with Lisa

Jisoo walked to Jennie's building after she had lunch with Lisa. She looked confusedly to her phone, waiting for Jennie's reply. When she arrived in front of her building, she made sure she didn't stand on the driveway. Not long after, she heard a loud horn beside her. She almost dropped her phone again. She saw Jennie's car. Jennie, she thought; as her heart dropped.

Jennie walked out of her car and sat in the passenger seat without saying anything. It had became a habit for them to let Jisoo drives whenever they were together. A sudden realization hit Jennie. This could be the last time they ride together and she suddenly felt a pang of longing inside.

"Why are you still doing that?" Jisoo said as she started the car, "I was standing on the pedestrian walk?"

Really? She can't believe that Jisoo brought up this topic. Jennie let out a loud sigh to let Jisoo know she was annoyed. It's Jisoo's fault. Now I'm needy for a driver.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked Jennie worriedly.

Jennie stayed silent. She looked away. She enjoyed this attention from Jisoo, but her chest was still heavy.

"Umm, if you don't feel okay, I can take you home and I will pick the order by myself. I can take the bus." Jisoo said with a soft and husky voice.

Jennie's heart dropped. Maybe because the softness in Jisoo's voice or maybe because seemed like Jisoo didn't understand. Or maybe both. Jennie herself was unsure why she was like this.

They drove in silence. Both of them could feel the tension in the air but neither of them said anything. Jisoo drove extra carefully, she even unconsciously held her breath to make sure Jennie felt comfortable. She felt a heavy stress on her chest. Partly because they wouldn't see each other again much. Partly because she was disappointed that Jennie didn't talk too much today. But she tried to understand. Maybe she doesn't feel well, Jisoo thought.

She couldn't figure out exactly why she felt the way she was feeling lately. It was all new to her. She admitted she had grown fond for Jennie.. as a friend? A friend that gave her all kinds of feelings. She had this urge to protect her. It's ridiculous but she felt like she's responsible of making sure Jennie's happy. And she gladly had taken that responsibility.

One thing Jisoo was sure of was, she was intrigued to know Jennie more. Little that she knew that time, Jennie felt exactly the same, yet no one said anything as they drove in painful silence.

Matters | JENSOOOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara