A Solemn Duty

(Yu Pov)

I was walking through the medical wing of the academy with Winter while she was telling me about the Lady we were about to meet. The Lady in question was called Fria and was the current Winter Maiden and had held that title for many years. As Fria was very old and approaching the end of her life James thought it best to take her into protective custody so that she wouldn't be targeted for her power.

As we entered the room i saw Fria sitting in a hospital bed looking quite confused but as soon as she set her eye's on Winter she adopted a soft smile.

Winter : Hello Fria are you feeling well today ? Do you need anything ?

Fria : Oh no dear i'm fine, But who is this ??

I took a bow and introduced myself to her.

Yu : Greetings Fria my name is Yu.

Fria : Such a handsome youngman i can't remember the last time i had a gentleman caller.

Yu : I'm sure a lovely lady like yourself had the pick of any man you wanted.

She chuckled slightly at my compliment and looked to Winter with a smile and a nod.

Fria : I like this one Winter, He's very polite.

We took our seats beside her bed and winter called for some tea to be brought in but i instructed her to only call for hot water. When it arrived i reached into my Alternate Storage Space and got out a supply of my mothers favorite tea.

Yu : If you don't mind i have a tea blend that you might enjoy here.

Fria : Oh it is new ??

Yu : It's an old favorite of my family, Gold tips imperial.

She said she would love a cup so Winter and Fria chatted while i made the tea, After steeping the leaves i poured the tea into cups and took the time to savor the scent of the leaves. Memories came back to my mind and i felt a tear escape my eye as remembered how much my mother loved this brand.

Winter : Are you okay ??

I just wiped the tear away and smiled saying it was just a memory but it was a good one.

Yu : So Lady Fria i have come here with Winter today to chat to you for a while if you don't mind.

Fria : I don't mind but please it's just Fria.

I asked her about her life and noticed that she was having problems remembering so i placed my hand on her head and passed a copy of a Quirk called Archive

Quirk - Archive

Description

The user has the ability to store and instantly have access to any and all information contained in their brain allowing them to instantly recall facts or knowledge they have read or things they have experienced with perfect clarity this Quirk comes in especially hand for taking tests.

Fria held her head for a moment as the quirk did its work and Winter seemed concerned for a moment but soon Fria looked to us with wides eye's and an open mouth.

Fria : But how ?? My mind hasn't been this clear in years.

Yu : I have many unique abilities and can also bestow them on others should i so choose.

I demonstrated by making fire in one hand and creating a glass statue of Winter in the other. Fria was very surprised when i handed the statue to her and she felt that it was real.

Fria : This is strange i have never seen anyone like you before.

Yu : I'm a little strange i will admit, But now that your mind is clear i have an offer for you.