Chapter 57: School Festival

Start from the beginning

I dusted my hands off of the deed I performed, ignoring Katsuki's angry yelling as I walked away and his band mates held him back from murdering me, all of them thanking me as I walked back to the dance team. My victorious smirk was etched into my face as I finally spotted a disheveled and beaten up looking Midoriya rushing our way.

"What happened to you?" I ask the green hair boy as he pants and pulls a rope out of the bag he was holding. "Actually, no time to question it. Put your shirt on we're on in seconds!" I say as Mina shoves his shirt into his hands and he changes at lightning speed.

The lights on the stage go dark as everyone runs out and takes position. Katsuki uses his pent up anger to start the song off with a literal bang, but it worked perfectly for the intro. The dance team all started our routine, and once Jirou got to the first round of the chorus, my time to work started.

I lift myself, Ochaco, Mashirao, and Mina up into the air, each of us dancing on our own personal tornadoes above the crowd. I spotted Eri right in the front row on Mirio's shoulders, waving her hands excitedly up at us and grinning from ear to ear. The sight of her smile made my own grin grow as I danced in tune to the song, twirling the dancers around.

I alternated all the floating dancers heights so we had times where we could reach down and touch the audiences' hands and other times where we were up with the students on the balconies. I spotted my dad in the very back of the stadium with Makoto and Aizawa. His eyes were already trained on me, and he gave me a thumbs up and a proud smile.

When the main crescendo of the song happened and the ice started to rain down from above, I created a light breeze that swirled it around to glitter off of the human disco ball for an even prettier effect. Everything was going flawlessly, and the whole audience was enraptured by the band, the dancers, and the effects. When I landed all of us dancers back on the stage and helped Midoriya lower Aoyama back down gently as Jiro hit the final note of the song, that moment was amazing. The song finished, the audience roared in support of us, and little Eri was still grinning and clapping for us all. This felt amazing!

"We did it!" I say happily to the dance team, all of us having a group hug as we jumped around happily backstage. "Go us! Class 1-A rocks! We're the be-"

"Oi." I get cut off in my cheering as Katsuki grabs the back of my collar and darkly growls at me. "Give me back my fucking shirt, you goddamn extra."

"Oof, I've been demoted back to an extra." I say teasingly to him, but float his shirt back down to him none the less. "Be thankful the stage crew team decided to make the band shirts orange, just for you, TNT!" He walks away grumbling, stripping instantly out of the orange shirt and throwing it violently against the wall as his black shirt is back on in an instant, making me chuckle at his actions.

"Stop just standing there!" Mineta suddenly yells at everyone, frantically carrying the leftover ice outside to clean up. "Move it, move it, move it! We have to clean this place up quickly!"

"I've never seen him so motivated before." I say with wide eyes. The only one near me who heard was Tokoyami, who is at my side also staring wide eyed at the grape headed boy as well.

"Something tells me we won't approve of his motivation." Tokoyami sighs at my side, shaking his head before using Dark Shadow to pick up a larger chunk of ice. I shrug to myself and use wind to pick up a bunch of the shattered smaller pieces all at once, bringing them outside to a very confused looking Todoroki and an angry Katsuki who is now yelling at Mineta.

"R... Ri-Ri!" I hear a small and hesitant voice call out to me, and immediately recognize it as I swiftly abandon my cleaning task and speed over to the little girl holding Mirio's hand.