Chapter 56: Meeting the Parents, Round Two

Start from the beginning

"I thank you for all you did during the raid, young Kirishima." My dad says after a moment as he finally takes his hand. I noticed he waited until a bead of sweat formed on my boyfriend's head before taking his hand. "I will also thank you for being there for my daughter during the tragedies you both have faced at school. And... I will also thank you for making her smile. Though in our family, it is common practice to ask a young lady's father before courting her." He finishes with a steely glare, his grip tightening as well.

"Wow..."I hum out in amusement at my dad's antics. "Is that really what you did with mo-"

"Don't bring up how I met your mother, you know that doesn't count!" My dad says quickly to me with a huff, making me giggle. We both know he never asked my late grandparent's permission, my mom used to tease him about that when we were little. "Anyway, I realize our first meeting was unconventional, but we can remedy that now."

Makoto ushered us into the living room to talk. He made tea for us, and hovered above Eijiro to intimidate him the whole time. Dad commenced with grilling Eijiro on his entire life, past present and future. My boyfriend handled it like a champ, and eventually charmed my dad with his passion and his respect. It helps that they bonded over Crimson Riot, who has worked with my dad back in my dad's early days of his career.

We all had dinner after hours of talking, which eventually became more relaxed and eventually Makoto stopped hovering. I was asked to help Makoto clear the table after we ate, but really I think my dad just wanted one on one time with Eijiro. When I came back my boyfriend looked a little scared and my dad looked cool as a cucumber as he drank his tea, a slightly smug look in his eyes.

"Well, that went very well I think." I say happily as Eijiro and I walk hand in hand back to our dorms, Makoto having just dropped us off.

"Yeah, it was nice to see them both once they relaxed. But man, they're both scary on their own." Eijiro shivers slightly as he kisses my cheek.

"Both? Wait, when did Makoto get you to himself?" I ask in bewilderment.

"He managed to get in an entire very frightening warning while you went to the bathroom." He chuckles as I laugh openly.

"So, did they manage to scare you off?" I ask teasingly, but a little hint of worry. I can't imagine many people who would have sat through that intense of an interrogation like a champ like Eijiro did. He freezes our steps and spins me around so I'm in his arms.

"Nah, it'll take more than that to scare me off of you." He kisses me sweetly, then deepens it as I lean into him more.

"So should I be prepared for something similar when I meet your moms tomorrow?" I ask once we part, both our eyes half lidded as goofy grins are etched on our faces.

"From Ma, totally, she's gonna grill you." He grins at me. "But mom will dote on you just like she did at the hospital."

"I look forward to it." I grin confidently at him.

I've taken on the League of Villains, I can handle meeting my boyfriend's parents. Right?

"Ochaco, does it look ok?" I ask my friend the next morning, showing her the outfit I chose. I'm wearing a pastel blue blouse with a navy flowy skirt. My hair's tamed down and I have a few small flower pins on the right side. My eyepatch is a light blue color with a lace trim on the edges.

"You look super adorable!" Ochaco says happily, bouncing around as she takes in my outfit. "You're gonna be fine, just be your usual self... Well, I mean, maybe a little more filtered than your usual self... Then again your apologies are adorable."

"Silver lining?" I sheepishly say as I rub the back of my neck. "Alright, wish me luck!"

"You won't need it!" She cheers as I go down the dorms to meet Eijiro.