His battle was finally not in vain.

    As soon as the imperial decree arrived, Zhou Yi immediately handed back the commander's seal, disarmed and returned to Beijing. As for General Ma and General Han, they had to wait here for a while. Qiang's appearance.

    Zhou Yi galloped all the way, from outside the pass to the capital of Dayue, and finally arrived at the gate of the capital at noon on the tenth day.

    "Master Zhou is back, Master Zhou is back..."

    From a long distance away, there was a commotion, followed by the sound of firecrackers and the sound of gongs and drums.

    Zhou Yi took a closer look and saw that there were several adult princes standing in front of the officials.

    Zhou Yi hurriedly got off his horse, making a gesture to kneel.

    The second prince hurriedly avoided, and immediately supported Zhou Yi: "Lord Zhou, thank you for your hard work. My king, brother and all the adults welcome Master Zhou back to Beijing!" "Master Zhou is welcome back to Beijing!!!

    "

    Zhou Yi lined up behind the second prince, surrounded by everyone, and walked through the middle street of the capital.

    "Master Zhou, Master Zhou..."

    "Master Zhou, oh, Master Zhou..." The common people lined up to welcome, and cheers were everywhere.

    "Young Master, Young Master..." Zhou Yi seemed to have heard Qingzhu's voice, turned his head and saw Qingzhu jumping and screaming at him in the crowd.

    Zhou Jia was still standing beside him, her face was flushed, and she was very excited to see Zhou Yi.

    Qing Zhu and Zhou Jia came out, then...

    Zhou Yi looked up, and sure enough, he saw in an open window of the restaurant above him, Li Yingru led Zhou Laoer and Wang Yan looking down, and Li Yingru was still hugging him. With Baoduner.

    Seeing him look, Zhou Laoer and Wang Yan waved their hands vigorously, while Li Yingru looked at him infatuatedly.

    Zhou Yi mouthed "wait for me" to them.

    The team kept walking towards the imperial city, but to Zhou Yi's surprise, Emperor Chongzheng actually came to pick him up at the gate of the imperial city.

    After a long distance, Zhou Yi got off his horse, ran up to Emperor Chongzheng in a few strides, and knelt down with a plop, "Your Majesty, it is a good thing that this humble minister is not disgraceful."

    Emperor Chongzheng personally lowered Zhou Yi and helped him up. With obvious excitement, he looked Zhou Yi up and down, "Aiqing, you have worked hard, and I know you will not let me down." "Your

    Majesty..." Zhou Yi wanted to decline, but was stopped by Emperor Chongzheng: "Hey, needless to say Yes, you have made great contributions to Dayue, I must reward you heavily, walk around, and tell me how you defeated Daqiang..." Emperor Chongzheng laughed heartily, and even pulled Zhou Yi himself Walk in the hand palace.

    When the following princes saw this situation, some eyes flashed brightly, some people's minds were turned, but some were calm from the beginning to the end.

    Zhou Yi and Emperor Chongzheng stayed in the imperial study for nearly an hour.

    After hearing Zhou Yi's description of the battlefield situation, Emperor Chongzheng felt a wave of emotion in his heart; he did not expect that those seemingly unknown things could have such great power.

    He smiled kindly at Zhou Yi and said, "Look at me, I forgot the time as soon as I pulled you to talk. It's been a hard trip, Aiqing's family must be waiting for you, go back, wait for a while, I will hold a celebration banquet for you."

    "Your Majesty, thanks to the desperate resistance of the two generals and all the officers and men who were able to defeat the Great Qiang this time, otherwise the Northwest Pass would have been broken before I could reach the border. After going there, the key to victory is the excellent tactics of the two generals and the bravery of the soldiers below. After all, no matter how powerful the foreign objects are, they are only foreign objects after all." Emperor Chongzheng pointed at Zhou Yi: "If others get

    this Great meritorious service, you will only try your best to claim credit for yourself, but you are good, and you still push the credit away? Are you stupid?"

    Zhou Yi's face was a little shy: "Your Majesty, if you say that about a humble minister, the humble minister will not I'm a little embarrassed, anyway, I'm loyal to you, how much I have done, you just need to know, the emperor, but the two generals are different from the soldiers below, if you only celebrate your achievements, will you be embarrassed? Let's do it together when the army is still in court."

    His implication is that he and Emperor Chongzheng are his own people, as long as he can share the worries of Emperor Chongzheng, he will not care about these matters of face. Caring about it made Emperor Chongzheng take care of others instead.

    When Emperor Chongzheng heard this, he was naturally very appropriate, and the smile in his eyes was even bigger, "Since you said so, then follow Aiqing's words."

    Zhou Yi was overjoyed, and quickly knelt down to thank him.

    Emperor Chongzheng helped him up: "Why do you need to thank me for your consideration for me?

    " Qiang repelled, if I let this minister enjoy such great glory alone, I will feel uneasy." "

    Huhahaha..." Emperor Chongzheng patted Zhou Yi on the shoulder: "Your endurance is too weak. , I plan to give you a bigger burden in the future, so how will you handle it then?"

    Zhou Yi made a bitter face: "Ah, Your Majesty, what do you still want me to do? My Majesty, when I was young, I heard a saying that a humble minister can eat as much food as you want, and that's all you can do. Don't embarrass me, I'm still young, please allow me to live a more leisurely life!" He pursed his mouth as he spoke.

    If the Daqiang people saw this, they would be so shocked that their eyeballs would drop. This flattering guy is really the devil on the battlefield who took the lives of hundreds of thousands of their Daqiang soldiers without blinking?

    "Bastard! If you want to say these useless things, I know what you should do and what you can do. You don't want to share the worries of the court, but you want to be lazy, and you say it in front of me so carelessly. Are you You really think I won’t cure you, don’t you?” The smile in Emperor Chongzheng’s eyes didn’t diminish at all, but he deliberately said with a tiger face.

    "Yes, I know I'm wrong." Zhou Yi said a little weakly.

    "Hey, you still have emotions, don't you? Get the hell out of here and think about what I said!" Emperor Chongzheng stared.

    Zhou Yi naturally rolled away in a hurry.

    Emperor Chongzheng was left on the spot and shook his head with a smile: "This boy..." In fact, this time the imperial decree to let Zhou Yi come back quickly was also his slight temptation to Zhou Yi. Knowing the current affairs, he returned from the border immediately without delay, and he didn't say much about the peace negotiation.

    Zhou Yi is smart and capable, Emperor Chongzheng loves his talent very much, but at the same time, as an emperor, he has a defensive attitude towards all his courtiers, and Zhou Yi, just happens to always be able to be this way every time he is a little defensive. He has a calm heart, is smart and capable, but in the eyes of Emperor Chongzheng, what is rare for Zhou Yi is his understanding of current affairs.

    Zhou Yi let go of Emperor Chongzheng's defense, and immediately left the palace, returning to the mansion eagerly.