chapter 124

Chapter 124 Zhou Yizheng Begins

    At the moment when he was called, Zhou Yi thought a lot.

    In today's main hall, there are almost three groups of people.

    The first team: Emperor Chongzheng.

    It is not difficult to see from his previous words satirizing Duke Wei Chi that he wanted to punish Duke Wei Chi severely. As for the reason behind it, there may be a feeling of avenging the wronged people, but never overestimate the feelings of an emperor. They keep saying that the people are the most important and the king is the least, so can they really believe it?

    Anyone who thinks this way can only be said to be too naive.

    The reason why Emperor Chongzheng wanted to punish Duke Wei Chi was because he realized that land annexation had reached an extremely dangerous level. Most of the land was in the hands of these aristocratic officials, causing the common people to have no permanent property. The most intuitive problem before them That is, the less land in the hands of the people, the less tax revenue the country has. To put it lightly, it has seriously affected the enjoyment of Emperor Chongzheng as an emperor. As an emperor, no matter what he wants to do, he has no money. What's the point? As for those high-ranking officials from aristocratic families, their families are as rich as an enemy. To put it seriously, these dignitaries from aristocratic families are constantly trying to extract money and land from the common people. When the time comes, the common people can no longer survive, and they may rise up at any time and directly kill him.

    If the people of the lower class succeed in rebelling, can the new emperor tolerate him, the old emperor? Nonsense! And those high-ranking officials from aristocratic families, if they know how to exploit and win over their new masters, might still be able to continue to live their lives in a prosperous and prosperous way.

    Therefore, Emperor Chongzheng has realized that land annexation has reached the point where it has to be changed. Wei Chi Gong can be an introduction.

    The second team: Vested interests represented by dignitaries from aristocratic families.

    They have the right to be rich and enjoy the most generous treatment from the Dai Viet Dynasty. After accumulation, they have held an unknown amount of land in their hands. The national tax revenue eroded every year may add up to an astronomical figure.

    Over the years, they have used all means to occupy the land. The matter of Mr. Wei Chi was revealed, but what didn't? Who knows how many blood and tear-stained facts are hidden behind the backs of these well-dressed guys standing in the hall.

    So they were afraid that Emperor Chongzheng would use this as an introduction to continue the investigation, or that their own interests would be violated in the event of some land reform in the end. It is no wonder that these people are so neatly on the side of Duke Wei Chi. What they are protecting is not Wei Chi Gong, but their own interests.

    The third team: Qingliu with no rights and no money.

    This kind of officials may have the most direct ministers, and most of them admit to death, otherwise they wouldn't be clean after all these years. They may have a righteous heart and want to bring justice to the wronged people, but they don't rule out jealousy. I'm still living a hard life, but you are servants like a cloud, clothed and fed, all for the emperor Those who do poor work are more noble than others! Now that he finally found the sore spot, he naturally beat the dog in the water.

    Of course, there are still some who focus on making soy sauce. They don't want to offend these vested interests, and they don't want to speak out against their conscience.