164

Chapter 164

    Seeing that the China Merchants Fair was getting closer and closer, the atmosphere in the capital was filled with anxiety. On this day, after Zhou Yi told the subordinates of the Ministry of Commerce to do something, he walked out of the yamen.

    As soon as he went out, he saw Wen Qu in front of him, who seemed to be waiting for him specially.

    Seeing Zhou Yi coming out, Wen Qu hurriedly approached him.

    Zhou Yi looked at Wen Qu suspiciously: "Master Wen, do you need me?"

    "Let's find a quiet place to talk," Wen Qu replied.

    So the two found a restaurant, and after they were seated, Wen Qu said directly, "Zhou Yi, don't blame me for being troublesome. The current situation is really too dangerous for you. If one is not good, you may be the other." Will be attacked by them!"

    Zhou Yi asked suspiciously: "Why is it dangerous? Who will attack me?"

    Wen Qu looked at Zhou Yi in surprise: "You don't know? Didn't you say that all the princes went to you The family? Don’t you know who is behind this action?”

    “Oh~” Zhou Yi dragged his tone, “So you are talking about them, those aristocratic families, what’s so scary about them?”

    Wen Wen As soon as he heard Qu, he became anxious, thinking that Zhou Yi's officialdom was too smooth, "You, you can't say that, those aristocratic families are deeply intertwined with each other, if they combine to harm you, what will you do?" Zhou Yi stared

    wide Eyes: "Master Wen, what did you say? I didn't offend them, so why would they treat me badly?"

    Wen Qu couldn't explain it: "Do you really or falsely don't understand ? But according to the attitude you showed before, it seems that they will be restricted from participating in maritime trade. The rent has been high due to the promotion of commerce and trade, and no one is willing to rent land with high rent. Their appetite is so big , even if the rent is reduced by 20%, it is like gouging out their flesh, and they will naturally find another way out, and now they are all eyeing Haimao, if you stop them, of course you are making them enemies!" Zhou Yi finished listening

    . Suddenly realized: "So that's what happened, but I didn't mean to stop them from participating in the maritime trade!"

    "You didn't?!!!" Wen Qu's voice was several degrees higher.

    Zhou Yi nodded affirmatively: "No."

    "Then why don't you reveal anything about your China Merchants Association? Now they are all anxious like ants on a hot pot, and they are afraid that you will suddenly make trouble for them." Ask meekly and incomprehensibly.

    Zhou Yi smiled embarrassingly: "Isn't this because the matter of opening the sea trade is too big? It's better for me to be cautious in my words and deeds." After listening to

    Wen Qu, he breathed a long sigh of relief. It's not right, Zhou Yi really can't see what those aristocratic families have tossed out these days?

    Wen Qu looked at Zhou Yi: "Zhou Yi, you are lying to me, aren't you? How could you not know these things?"

    Zhou Yi hastily offered a cup of tea to Wen Qu: "I just made a rough guess."

    Wen Qu Pointing at him, he said jokingly: "Stinky boy." He is Liuya's father-in-law, so there is nothing wrong with calling Zhou Yi a stinky boy.