chapter 12

Chapter 12 Asking for money 2

    At this time, when Zhou Yi passed by the upper room, he heard Zhou's mother's voice, and eavesdropped openly.

    Zhou Laosan murmured in his heart, then can you make your son-in-law the shopkeeper, but he didn't show it at all on his face, and said with a flattering smile: "Oh, mother, who in these ten miles and eight villages doesn't know that you are always the most open-minded?" Yes, father-in-law and mother-in-law also often say that you are the most approachable, Bodhisattva-hearted, and treat your daughter-in-law and daughter the same." "

    Yes, yes, mother, my parents often told me to respect my parents-in-law. How can you find such a sensible old man in Baxiang..." Zhao Chun'er also quickly echoed beside him.

    After wearing such two high hats, Mother Zhou's expression calmed down a lot. She knew in her heart that the third child and the third daughter-in-law just didn't want to come back to live. It was Zhao Chun'er's father's class. If he was annoyed, if he didn't pass on the position of the second shopkeeper to Zhou Laosan, even the money spent in the past would not be in vain.

    "I know you guys are flattering me, but you still don't know what you think about me!" Mother Zhou twisted her body, and said awkwardly: "Okay, I can't control you, just do what you like." It was Zhou's mother, even though the result was doomed, she thought very clearly in her heart, but she couldn't help but stab her lips.

    Zhao Chun'er also knew the mother-in-law's faults, so saying this was equivalent to giving in, and stopped talking after a few more compliments.

    Whether or not to come back to live is secondary. The important thing now is that Zhou Laosan needs thirty taels of silver, thirty taels. In this farming era, the only source of income for most people in the countryside is farming. It's a good thing to say that after planting grain and keeping enough rations to pay taxes, you can still sell some of it for some money.

    But if the family does not have land and tenants other people's fields, then they can only guarantee food and clothing. If there is a bad harvest year, even food and clothing cannot be guaranteed.

    Don't look at Zhou Laoer earning more than ten taels of silver a year, it's because he has devoted too much effort and talent to the carpenter's trade, and his reputation has already been established. He works, and sometimes he can receive orders from wealthy families, which is how he earns so much money.

    Ordinary farmers can’t see a piece of broken silver all year round. A copper coin can’t wait to be broken into two halves. Whoever can open his mouth will pay dozens of taels. heartache.     So the whole family sat here to discuss it, including the two married daughters. Although they didn't have the right to make decisions, at least they didn't hide it from them, but the second wife was collectively ignored by these people.     "Father, look at this..." Zhou Laosan smiled at Mr. Zhou. He originally wanted to settle the matter in private, but Mr. Zhou called so many people. Money will undoubtedly be much more difficult.     Mr. Zhou hesitated and didn't speak.     But the couple in the big house couldn't help it anymore. The second sister Li stabbed Boss Zhou, who put down the bamboo stick work in his hand, and said in a muffled voice: "Third brother, you should also think about your family. The two of you are in town. In fact, not to mention not being able to earn money for the family, you have to take money from the family. Think about it, how much money you have taken over the years? There are so many people in the family who need to eat, and the fourth child and Da Lang still need to study. You spend all the money. I've lost all my brains, so what should I do with this big family." Don't look at Boss Zhou who usually looks a little dull, but when it's about his own interests, he speaks logically. He is the eldest, it is impossible for such a big family to be together forever, sooner or later the family will be separated, and once the family is separated, he will take the lead. What can be left for him!     "Brother, you can't say that. What do you mean I lost all the family's money? I have done so much, not for this family. When I become a shopkeeper, the monthly money for one month is the most basic. Dividends are the big money, and now I spend a little more money, and I can earn a lot of money in the future." Zhou Laosan said directly to Zhou Boss, not smiling at Mr. Zhou and Zhou's mother.     "Fourth brother, what do you think?" Boss Zhou hesitated after hearing what Zhou Laosan said. If Zhou Laosan really becomes the shopkeeper, then the money is still worth the money. Forgive that Zhou Laosan will not dare to take it seriously Leaving him alone at home, he went to his little life, but Zhou Boss always felt a little unwilling, so he asked Zhou Lao Si who was doing the mural beside him.

    Zhou Yi was standing outside the upper room, and he had already sorted out the matter. It was nothing more than Zhou Laosan asking the public for money under the guise of being a shopkeeper, but Mr. Zhou was a little hesitant, and Zhou Boss did not agree. Now I am asking Zhou Laosi's opinion.

    In this family, Zhou Lao Si really doesn't care about everything. He usually only cares about reading, but if he really reads, I don't see him doing anything in reading.

    In Zhou Yi's opinion, Zhou Laosi has become stupid in reading, and he looked a little dumbfounded. When he heard Zhou Boss's question, he stood up and shook his robe: "How can a reader lightly talk about these yellow and white things?" Things." After speaking, he stood up and left, with a noble character. The fourth aunt, Zheng Ying, was left with an anxious expression on her face.

    Zhou Yi was amused by Zhou's fourth uncle, and immediately covered his mouth when he realized it. He always thought that this fourth uncle was the most incredible person in the Zhou family. Born in the quagmire of Zhou's family, he seemed to be trapped The enchantment enveloped the general, and he lived in his own world.

    It's not surprising that Zhou Laosi is gone, and those people in the room are not surprised, after all, Zhou Laosi has always had this character.

    Mr. Zhou took another drag on his cigarette, thinking about the three taels of basic monthly money and the year-end dividend that Zhou Laosan just said, his heart has been shaken: "Old man, how much do you think the year-end dividend will be?" "At least thirty

    taels " Zhou Laosan said firmly.

    After hearing this, Zhou Yi had deep doubts in his heart. For a restaurant in a small town, the population limits its scale. How big can its business be? Three taels of silver a month is considered an absolute high salary, and so much dividends are paid at the end of the year, how much money can the restaurant make in a year?

    "That's it..." Mr. Zhou took another puff of his cigarette and murmured.

    "This is the last time. You also know how much the family has spent on your affairs. In the future, you will really become the shopkeeper, so you can't ignore your family." Mr. Zhou finally made a decision.

    "Father, how can it be? I know that because of me, the family has suffered. If I can earn money in the future, I will definitely help the family." Zhou Laosan immediately beamed with joy, and a pile of good words came out.

    Zhao Chun'er had complacency in her eyes, and it was really difficult for her to control her facial expressions.

    Although the boss and his wife were a little dissatisfied, Mr. Zhou had already made a decision, and they couldn't do anything about it. Besides, if Mr. Zhou really became the shopkeeper and could earn so much money, then the family had to count on he.

    Seeing that they had finished talking, Zhou Yi ran back to the house in a hurry.

    Zhou Lao Er just woke up from a nap, saw Zhou Yi rushing into the house like a small cannonball, and hurriedly hugged him: "It's so good to walk, what should I do if I fell down after running so fast."

    He really gave Zhou Yi his father's heart . Yi.

    "Father, let me tell you..." Zhou Yi leaned on Zhou Laoer's ear and whispered everything he heard to Zhou Laoer, and finally asked, "Father, why didn't Grandpa call you?" Go, I see that some of their uncles are here, and even their aunts are here." After

    hearing this, Zhou Er was silent for a while, buried his head in Zhou Yi's neck, and did not say a word for a long time.

    Zhou Yi sighed in his heart. He knew it was cruel to do so. In Zhou's second heart, Mr. Zhou was his father after all. Even if the other brothers and sisters were not a mother, they were a father after all, and they were all close relatives. , although Zhou Laoer usually looks indifferent to them, he still regards them as relatives, otherwise why would he hand over the money in his hand to Shangfang? It is because he feels that he is always a part of this family. , then follow the rules at home.

    But he regards others as family members, but those people never see him in their eyes.

    In today's situation, even the two married daughters can sit there, but Zhou's second son, who can earn the most money in the Zhou family, doesn't have a seat. What is this?

    Zhou Yi stretched out his little hand, and patted Zhou Laoer's back comfortingly. Even if he is hurt deeply now, it is better to keep it hidden in his hometown.