CHAPTER TWENTY: AN UNEXPECTED KISS.

Mia lay on her bed, tears streaming down her cheeks. She had said her final goodbye to Felix, and now he had returned to his dimension. Melissa, unaware of the situation, knocked on her door and said:

"Mia, your breakfast is ready."

Melissa rushed to sit on the side of the bed next to Mia, rubbing her hair and asking:

"What's wrong, honey? and why are you sobbing?" Mia embraced her mother by placing her arms around her.

"Felix abandoned me. And I can't take that," she cried, crying violently.

Arthur was strolling down the corridor at the time, and despite his anguish for his daughter, he couldn't help but smile in relief when he heard these words.

Melissa stated:

"So Felix was your boyfriend, after all. I wasn't sure. Everything will be alright, honey. You haven't been in a relationship very long, have you?"

"No, but that is unimportant. It was unique. Do not be concerned, Mom. I'll be fine, but I can't stop crying like an idiot right now."

"You aren't an idiot. Take as much time as you need, but make sure you eat something. Do you want me to get you anything to eat for breakfast?"

"Okay. Please bring some tea."

Mia remained secluded in her room for a few days, not returning Xena's calls. Melissa discussed the situation with Xena, and they decided that Xena would go around the house to visit Mia.

Mia didn't respond immediately when she saw Xena walk in. Xena sat down beside her on the bed, offering comfort by embracing her and gently rubbing her hands. Mia rested her head on Xena's shoulder and let her be coddled.

"Do you know how much I have missed you? I wanted to let you know about an intriguing new television show that premiered this week. It is Horror in the Maniconium. That's wonderful. It is something you should see. You don't realize what you're missing."

Mia grinned at Xena's remarks.

"I think you're telling me about the maniconium because you think I should be in one," Mia said with a smirk.

"Well, I believe so, pretty. Because it's not normal to be locked up at home because a guy abandoned you."

"It's difficult."

"I understand, but this is hardly the end of the world. Shall we watch the TV show?"

"Okay."