•◦இ•◦ Chapter 22 •◦இ•◦🔞🔞🔞

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Hey! The new chapter is here for you! 

If you like the story of Bia and Alexander, please vote for us.

ℒᵒᵛᵉ, Merry & frintezzaviv

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Alexander

"Austin, we need to find a way to restore the records from the last hour! We need to find out who was in Bia's room!" I was already pacing nervously back and forth.

"With all due respect, sir, but this looks like a cyber attack to me," he replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, a cyber attack mea..."

"I know what a cyber attack means, dammit!" I cut him off in a chilling tone. "My question is, how did it happen?"

"Well, it must have been a pretty skilled hacker who found a way to breach our system. Based on my experience, it's likely that it's an insider who is familiar with our techniques and the system itself. Although it's not impossible for an external attacker, they would still need knowledge of our system in order to pull it off. This suggests that someone within our ranks may have informed them," he explained.

"What the hell is going on in this house?! I'm paying for the most expensive security in all of Vegas! Someone managed to leave a letter in Bea's room without anyone noticing, and now we find out the system has been hacked!" Anger surged through me with full force. I had the urge to hit something. It had been a while since I last put on the boxing gloves, and I definitely needed it to release this anger.

"Is there any way we can try to recover that hour when the cameras were hacked?" I asked.

"I know you're gonna get angry, but it's pretty much impossible. The person who hacked the system made sure that not only were the camera feeds blocked, but the cameras themselves wouldn't capture anything," Austin explained.

"What the f*ck are you talking about, Austin? Just get to the point, man, because I'm losing my patience!"

"Sorry, sir. What I mean is, there's no data to recover. The cameras didn't record anything during that one-hour period. They simply malfunctioned," Austin replied, visibly bothered by my angry outbursts.

"Is there any way we can find out who hacked them?" I was so furious by now that I felt like punching a hole in the wall.

"I know a skilled hacker. I could reach out to him, sir," Austin offered.

"What are you waiting for? Do it now! Whoever did this can do it again. In fact, once they've hacked our system, they can breach it at any time they please. Get in touch with your contact to provide us with top-notch protection. I don't want a repeat of this incident. And make sure your friend is trustworthy, Austin, or you'll face the consequences."

"Yes, sir!" He looked like I slapped him in the face.

"In the meantime, I don't want the cameras to remain unattended, understood?"

"Understood, sir!"

*****

We returned to Bia's room. She remained quiet.

"Bia, come on, talk to me," I prompted.

"What do you want me to say?" she responded, sounding a bit distracted.