•◦இ•◦ Chapter 20 •◦இ•◦

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Hey there, guess what? 

The new chapter is finally here, just for you! 

If you like our story about Bia and Alex, show us some love!

ℒᵒᵛᵉ, Merry & frintezzaviv

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Bia

We were standing at the door of a large, retro-styled house when Alexander spoke up.

"I know it's a little late to bring this up, but I wanted to let you know that these aren't actually our biological parents," he said. "But for me and Daniel, that doesn't matter because we accept them as our parents, exactly as they are."

"I know you were adopted by a boxing coach," I replied. "I tried to find more information on the internet, but there wasn't much available."

He didn't say anything and just rang the bell.

"Where's Daniel?" I asked.

"He's going to be a little late. He's in a business meeting."

The door opened and I saw a plump African-American woman, with a big smile. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing a simple dark-blue dress in white dots and home comfy slippers. I noticed a gold necklace with a cross around her neck. My stomach growled as the smell of home-cooked food, coming from inside, hit my nostrils.

"Alexander!" She threw herself into him in a big-mom's hug, and he wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace.

"Mother," he replied.

It was a heartwarming sight to see. After that she turned to me, her smile widened, and I could feel the warmth of her welcome.

"Hey, gorgeous! God bless you," said his mom. "Come on in and let's get to know each other. Welcome inside."

She motioned for us to come in and Alexander led me to the dining room. Their house was incredibly cozy and it was almost like time had frozen 20 years in the past. The furniture was in a vintage style, but nothing too crazy or too much. Everything was done with an exquisite sense of style. As we walked into the dining room, I noticed it was decorated in the same retro style as the rest of the house. The oval dining table was not very big and was covered with a simple white tablecloth.

At the end of the table was sitting a man who gave off an intimidating vibe. He was African American, just like Alexander's mother, but had a rough look. As soon as we entered, he stood up. He was tall, muscular and all covered with tattoos.

"Right on time." he grinned and within a second his tough exterior vanished.

Alexander approached him and they gave each other a manly hug, patting one another on the back.

"Dad. I am sorry we couldn't come see you and mom lately. It's just we had to get some things done."

"I know, I know. You and Daniel are always busy," replied his father with a smile. It seemed like he had accepted his sons' frequent absences.

"So, Mom, Dad. This is Beatrice," Alexander introduced me while pulling me towards him and giving me a one-armed hug around my waist. I blushed at the sudden attention. "Bia, this is my mother, Jada, and my father, Mike."

"Charming!" his mother exclaimed, as she touched the gold cross that hung delicately on her necklace. "Nice to meet you, child"

His father was grinning.