Chapter 17: Don't Give Up

Start from the beginning

Unexpectedly, he encountered a large group of refugees.

They had paid the price of many lives to break through the Beiyun City gates.

Apart from drinking water, they still couldn't find anything to fill their stomachs.

The injured Qing Feng and the crying child in his arms became the most delicious food in their eyes.

Anyway, this man was going to die. The child definitely wouldn't survive.

He might as well become their nutrients and live on together.

It had been a long time since they had eaten fair and tender meat.

The refugees locked their bloodshot gazes on them. As long as Qing Feng fell, they would tear Stinky apart alive.

As the commander of the Dark Guards Team, Qing Feng had never taken the ant-like refugees seriously.

He took out a golden tablet that made people afraid. "The Dark Guards Team is handling a case. Get lost!"

The refugees could not wait to eat the Yan Kingdom emperor's flesh and skin him alive. Not only was Qing Feng's golden tablet useless, it also made the refugees shout crazily, "Kill the dog of the dog emperor! Kill the dog of the dog emperor!"

Soon, many pairs of ferocious eyes were gathered at him.

Sensing that his body was gradually weakening, Qing Feng looked at Stinky, who was crying in his arms and asking for a hug.

He put away the golden tablet and pulled out the knife he'd hidden between his legs. He tied Stinky tightly around his waist.

The cold blade reflected Qing Feng's cold black eyes.

His relentless aura intimidated the refugees.

After an instant, the emptiness of their hunger in their stomachs forced them to turn into inhumane beasts and pounce at Qing Feng.

Stinky sensed danger and grabbed Qing Feng's collar with his chubby little hand.

Although Qing Feng's chest and abdomen were severely injured, he was not someone a mob could kill at will.

When they rushed over, Qing Feng killed a wave of them.

Bodies littered the ground. Blood stained the ground.

Towards the end, the refugees also went crazy.

Since they were going to die anyway, they might as well die in Qing Feng's hands.

More refugees were waiting. No matter how powerful Qing Feng was, he would not be able to hold on much longer. At that time, they would be able to reap the benefits.

Blood splashed onto Stinky's mouth. He stuck out his tongue and licked it. His big black eyes looked at the disheveled Qing Feng as if he was comforting him.

The pure smile and clear eyes seemed to have the power to cleanse the soul.

Qing Feng hugged him with one hand and rubbed his cheek against the side of his soft ear. There was a flash of gentleness in his eyes. He took a deep breath with a sigh and looked up with killing intent.

The refugees surrounded Qing Feng from both sides.

Qing Feng had to protect Stinky from being injured and block their killing moves.

Under the situation where his stamina was draining, the moment he fought against two at once, his pitch-black hair fell like a waterfall. The red blood at the corner of his mouth seemed to have become make-up, and his angular face became gentler.

The refugees widened their eyes in surprise. Qing Feng, who had killed so many people, was actually a woman!

A refugee said sinisterly, "B*tch, I'm going to skin you alive and hang you on a tree today!"

His brothers had all died at Qing Feng's hands. Even if he couldn't get a share, he would kill Qing Feng and avenge them.

She was clearly at the end of her rope, but the corners of her mouth curled up. Her indifferent gaze seemed to be mocking them for overestimating themselves.

Irritated, the refugee charged, still holding a large, rusty scythe.

Qing Feng threw a dart and hit him in the heart. Before he could grunt, he fell to the ground and became one of the many corpses.

Just as the refugees were about to retreat, Qing Feng spat out a large mouthful of blood and fell to the ground. Stinky, who was in her arms, started crying again.

The baby's cries kept stimulating the movements of their stomach. Everyone realized that the weak Qing Feng was really about to die. She picked up Stinky and took a few cautious steps.

Qing Feng gripped the dagger in her hand and looked at Stinky in her arms. She lowered her eyes and whispered, "... I'm sorry..."

"Ah pu... Ah pu..."

Stinky's big fleshy face was blubbering and his voice was hoarse. He kept reaching out and touching Qing Feng's face as if to tell her not to give up.