Scene 10

As always, it has taken forever and a half for me to update, thank you so much for sticking around if you still are!! >< I love you to the moon and back!! But now that my exams are over & I finally have some time on my hands, I thought I'd finally get back to it.

Ok enough blabbing, enjoy!! <3

***

Scene 10: In the Dance Studio

~This continues from the previous scene on the 1st day of camp activities-Max is having her dance lesson and Shane happens to be the teacher.~

Shane: (claps hands, thinking everyone had arrived) Hi everyone, welcome to your very first dance class. I'm Shane Gray, your dance teacher, also known as the lead singer of the band Connect 3 *leans forward on one foot*. (Some people in the class cheer.) Let's warm up by doing some stretches.

~Max enters late. She should be hanging around the door.~

Max: Ahehm *a cough and a laugh*, Sorry I'm late. I wasn't aware that the class would be running 15 minutes ahead of schedule!

Shane: Well well, if it isn't Ms Rip Off. Put your stuff down, but let me warn you, you're not gonna pass my class if all you do is show me something that Shakira or the Cheetah Girls have already done.

~The camera follows Max as she puts her bag down at the side of the room with a sulky look on her face.~

Shane: Gather round everyone! Today we're gonna learn one of the most basic moves of any routine - the body wave. It's not an easy move, because you need to isolate and move different parts of your body, but with a little practice, it should look a little like this...

~Shane demonstrates the wave in one smooth fluid motion, and the class cheers. He bows in a showy sort of way, obviously very pleased with himself.~

Max: *scoff* Please you call that a body wave? Even the 7th graders in my school can do something like that.

Shane: *super pissed* Oh yeah? Why don't you come up here and show everyone how it's done?

Max: *gets up from the floor* With pleasure, get out of the way.

~She waves her hand dismissively at Shane, but he stays put. So Max does a body wave right up against him, and she is really really good. Shocked, Shane takes 2 steps back quickly, almost tripping over his feet.~

Max: And that's how you do it.

Random classmate: Man, this girl is giving Shane a run for his money!

Shane: Right, so you can move your hips to the beat, little girl, but it's gonna take way more than that to be an actual star. Let's see you try to keep up the pace, Max!

~Shane launches into a full-on move with no holds barred. When he's done, everyone cheers and Shane eggs Max on.~

(If you get confused reading this, refer to this video from Another Cinderella Story! https://youtu.be/VRdYoQmHXhc?t=1m13s There's a general vibe and banter of a dance-off scene.)

Max: *laughs* Cute, I could do that with my eyes closed.

~Max launches into the exact same move that Shane did, and she even adds a pirouette to the routine. When she's done she brushes her shoulder in Shane's direction.~

Max: Top that! I wanna see you top that!

~The rest of the class echoes stuff like "oooh" and "burnnnn".~

Shane: Alright, you wanna know how it's done? I'll show you how it's done! You two, (he points at two students sitting on the floor) follow me!

~The music starts at this point as they launch into a BONAFIDE DANCE BATTLE (like how everyone randomly bursts into song & dance in musicals haha)!! The music should sound something like "The Party's Just Begun" by the Cheetah Girls.~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtcBplZ-3vw

~Shane's up first, he and his backup dancers start their moves and obviously Shane is singing at the same time! Then Max takes the stage, cutting Shane off. She beckons to the class, and 5 or 6 of them get up to join her. So the dance battle continues, with more people joining either Shane or Max's side until the whole class is dancing.~

~After a few rounds, Shane suddenly pulls out a move with reeeeaaally complicated footwork.

(Check out this link, it'll probably look like any of the fancy stuff there haha https://youtu.be/tlVbzuARvh0?t=17s )

But one of his dancers couldn't keep up and falls flat on his face in between Shane and Max. It's really clear who's won (for now), and Max and her team start laughing and giving one another high fives. The camera also briefly catches Max giving Shane a really smug look.~

~End of Scene 10~

***

Ok, not trying to a total tease here, but the next scene is super exciting if I do say so myself (ie FIGHT SCENE!!!!....kinda) so be sure to read on!

Love always xx