Scene 16

Scene 16: Brown's classroom

Brown: Now I think you've all heard by now, I could hear the rumours spreading during breakfast today, that we are going to hold a massive, massive concert at the end of camp. *the class cheers* So the focus of my lesson today is really: originality. Let's take for example...*he pretends to scan the crowd, but quickly focuses his gaze on a scowling Max*..our biggest superstar, Max! Max, would you join me at the front of the class, please?

~Max gets up, looking very apprehensive~

Brown: Right, so let's play a little game shall we? I'll give you a lyric, and you just come up with the next line for me, on the spot. Shouldn't be too difficult for a seasoned songwriter like yourself.

Max:...okay.

Brown: Well, let's start things off easy. Hm..Party like you know it, future's all yours.

Max: *it comes to her fairly quickly* Dance til your feet can't touch the floor *she looks at Brown confidently*

Brown: *frowns* Nope that's from a Cheetah girls song. Ok, what about...Nobody's perfect

Max: I'm gonna work it, again and again till I get it right!

Brown: No that's from Hannah Montana.

~The class starts muttering. Like "Yo what is going on? Why is she just quoting other people? Damn I wonder if all the dance moves she pulled yesterday were just taken from others' routines.~

Brown: I'll give you another try...my heart is shining.

Max: *unsure* But I know we're just at the beginning?

Brown: *raises his voice* No! Max, that's from the new Connect 3 song that I just heard this morning! I'll give you one last shot! And I pray, that you please come up with something original this time! You must be such a dork..

Max: *thinks for really long...her face starts turning red* To have fallen in love with a stinky, yellow sock!

~The whole class immediately bursts into laughter. Mitchie looks away. Max's eyes fill with tears~

Brown: *gets everyone to settle down* Class the point I'm trying to make here is, we take originality very seriously here at camp rock. And we do not allow plagiarism of any kind, especially with the concert coming up. Let me make it very clear that we will not stand for any camper that tries to take credit for another person's work, like Max here for example. Did you know that the song she sang at open mic was not her own but her sister Mitchie's? Darling you may have a great voice and some sick moves but without originality, you don't mean much to the music industry and to me.

~The class immediately starts murmuring again, but much louder this time. Many of them throw strange glances at Max~

Max: *tears start rolling down her cheeks* Wait...what? Mitchie? Tell them it's not true! Tell them...it's a mistake. Help me!

Brown: *stern, in a "I've warned you" tone* Mitchie...

~Mitchie looks down, avoids either of them~

Max: Please believe me I didn't mean to steal the song I was just desperate that one night!

~She catches a sight of Nate, who is frowning at her, and loses it. She stumbles past Brown and runs out the door, sobbing uncontrollably. Mitchie runs out after her~

Mitchie: *catching up to Max and trying to hug her* Oh my god Max I am so so sorry I had no idea Brown was going to do that! He went too far.

Max: *pushes her away, still crying* Please! Like you didn't know! It was all your idea, wasn't it! Because you couldn't get over that one stupid song!

Mitchie: Max! I really didn't know! He said he was going to talk to you, not in front of the class!

Max: You don't have to explain anything! Do you even know how humiliated I was? In front of everyone, in front of Nate?! I hate you!

Mitchie: *gets annoyed* Well if you didn't plagiarise in the first place none of this would have happened!

~Shane runs in from another direction, looking worried. He wasn't at Brown's class.~

Shane: What's going on? What happened?

Max: Oh! Mr Perfect is gonna swoop in and save the day! Stop! I've had enough. All of you were in on it together.

Mitchie: No you're getting it all wrong, would you just calm down and listen to me!

~Tess walks by in the distance with Ella. She's coming from another class too.~

Max: Hey Tess! I'll see you in the bunk tonight, roomie!

Tess: *smirks* I knew you'd come around. *turns and continues walking*

~Cuts to commercial break~

What's gonna happen next? Are Max and Mitchie ever going to make it up? And what about Nate? How does he feel about Max after all this? Stay tuned to find out ;)