What Goes Around Comes Around

This chapter takes place just a few days after the events of "Knock Him Out but Don't Knock Her up." Ash and Serena are living their lives, working on the reserve when a bunch of new Pokemon hatch. Mischief is soon in the air.

Content warning! There's some adult conversations and situations. Additionally, some might consider part of the chapter a little scary.

I worked to make this chapter very humorous. I hope you enjoy!

A stiff breeze blew against my face and I breathed in deeply, taking in the smells of summer. The sun was still high above and it made my blue fur tingle with unpleasant warmth. I pushed a little of my power outward through my body and felt the air hiss with a sudden burst of cold. I breathed a small sigh of relief and then turned around as I heard my love mew happily. My eyes widened as I saw her ribbons blowing elegantly in the wind. She looked at me with her magical eyes and thanked me for the burst of cool air. I blushed and replied I was happy to be of assistance.

She took a few steps forward and I walked alongside her. We continued our afternoon meeting, discussing some of the goings on of the other Pokémon. I was so glad that my love had recovered from being violently ill. After I had learned of what had happened and Gengar's responsibility, I had vowed to repay the ghost's malicious action. Like the angel she is, my love had told me to let the master trainer take care of things and to forgive Gengar rather than repay one dastardly act with another. It had been hard for me to let the matter go, but getting to spend several days with my love while our trainers were away had greatly helped smooth things over.

As we approached the top of a grassy hill, I made a small mention of how two nights ago my love had wrapped her ribbons around me and rubbed her neck against mine. I loved watching her blush as I reminded her of the sweet moment. She then told me that she'd been enjoying the stars that night, but when she'd read my feelings, she'd found something much more beautiful than the twinkling lights above.

As her words reached my pointed ears I felt a sudden burst of heat inside my freezing-cold inner core. Giddiness and joy surged through my legs and I felt drawn to her like never before. I squealed something which I hoped was romantic and took a couple of quick steps forward, wishing to feel my lips press against those of my love.

She smiled sweetly and then, with my face just a step from hers, she used her ribbons to gently stop my forward progress. I felt disappointed but my love looked to the side and reminded me that other Pokémon were watching.

I followed her gaze and saw a dozen or more of the reserve's residents going about their daily business. I immediately felt silly and took a step back. I started to apologize but she shushed me with a flick of a ribbon. She then told me that, next time, if I was more tactful, she wouldn't stop me at all!

I couldn't help but smile and promise her that I would do exactly that. We shared an admiring gaze and then heard Bulbasaur loudly croaking for all to hear that Lopunny's big moment was finally here! We looked across the grassy field, like many of the other Pokémon, and saw the diplomat was waving its vines to get attention.

My love let out a joyful cry and expressed her happiness for Lopunny. She bounded forward and demanded I follow her to observe the miraculous event. I didn't need any urging. I would follow my love wherever she went.

We quickly crossed the hills and reached the small, sheltered area near the edge of the forest. There was already a small crowd gathered surrounding Lopunny and his mate. The two of them were beaming and thanking everyone for the constant stream of congratulations they were receiving. At their feet were just over two dozen eggs, all faintly glowing and slowly pulsing with energy. I let out a gasp of amazement at the sight of so many eggs. I'd known that Lopunny had been busy creating the next generation, but I hadn't known the extent of their commitment.