6

Aelia Victorian

I woke up around 2:45am craving water. I slipped out of bed and pulled down Donovan's t shirt so it could flow past my knees since it got too hot a few hours ago costing me to take off the sweats.

I quietly opened the door and walked down the long hallway. I held onto the rail as I walked down the glass steps.

I walked some ways to the kitchen but froze when I seen Donovan. He wore a black beater and grey sweats. This is the first time I didn't see him in a suit. His whole arms were covered in tattoo sleeves.

"Your awake as well." He softly said before taking a sip of the liquor which I'm assuming is bourbon.

I nodded as he looked my way, "water is in the fridge, don't drink from the tap." He ordered and I nodded and looked around for the fridge but everything blended in with the cabinets.

He stood up and gently brushed passed me making me smell his manly scent. He opened the gold handles showing the organized fridge.

He handed me the water making me thank him. "Don't be afraid to ask anything." He whispered before downing his drink as I messed with mine.

I looked down, "what's going through your mind?" He asked and I kept quiet. But I decided not too I'm tired of keeping quiet, "I used to wish that he should have shot me with that man that night, wish he would have killed me every chance he got. I don't want to live like this, this isn't me, I had a job, I had a-" I froze and dropped the water bottle before tears brimmed my eyes.

"Aelia?" He rushed over to me and stood infront of me, "I need to get out of here." I stammered and rushed out the kitchen.

He followed after me, "Aelia." He sternly said making me freeze. "Speak to me." He said as I turned around to face him.

"My dog. My dog."I cried out and he moved his hands around the place debating if he should touch me but he kept his hands to himself.

"Aelia calm down." He tried to comfort me but I wasn't having it. My breathing became faster to the point I couldn't control it.

It became harder for me to breath as I started hyperventilating. "Aelia- dammit!" He gritted out and picked me up bridal style.

Next thing I remember I black out.

Donovan Costello

I placed on my black leather gloves as I walked up her apartment stairs. It's around 4 in the morning, before I came here I had to drop her off over at the- hate to say it but the empire where I first met her.

That's where my trusted doctors are. She passed out and just needs time to sleep so in the meantime I'm looking for her dog which I'm hoping is still in her apartment that's not dead.

I reached the 4th flight of stairs and scanned the apartment numbers. I stopped right at 418.

I unlocked her door and opened it making the smell of poop and pee go straight into my nose telling me she definitely has a dog.

Atleast I didn't smell death.

I didn't let the smell faze me as I stepped over the puddles of pee and poop. The water bowl empty so is the food.