THIRTY-SIX

I sigh tiredly, placing Astrea in her crib

"My little star." I lightly kissed her forehead before backing away from the crib.

"She's precious," Saint whispers, walking into the room.

I hum, nodding my head before walking over to him.

"Are you alright? You seem tense," I breathe as I stare at his clenched jaw.

His blue eyes meet mine, and he gives me a small smile. "Yeah, I'm fine." He smiles, bending down to press a kiss to my forehead.

"What were you and Leo talking about?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

Sighing deeply, he shakes his head slightly."Nothing important. Just some business stuff," Saint responds cryptically.

The look in his eyes says otherwise, though. I know he's not telling me the whole truth.

I take a deep breath, preparing to press him further for answers. Before I open my mouth, however, he interjects."I swear, it's nothing important," He says reassuringly.

Bullshit

I raise my eyebrows questioningly. "Are you sure it isn't important?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," he states.

I tilt my head to the side, squinting my eyes slightly, trying to figure out what he is hiding from me. After a few minutes of silence, I decided to give up.

"I promise, princess. It was just boring business, nothing else," Saint assures me.

"Alright then," I mumble to myself.

I don't know why, but I strongly feel he's lying. As much as I wanted to ask more, I let it go.

"Does she trust you?" My boss asks, staring blankly at me

"A little, but I know she'll trust me more and more as the days pass," I reply confidently.

"Have you met her bastard daughter yet?" he questions, throwing a photo into my lap.

I glanced at the picture to see Aurora smiling with her daughter in her arms.

Seeing Aurora so happy makes me fucking sick. She doesn't deserve to be happy after she took what was supposed to be mine.

"No sir, I haven't. I will try today, though," I assure him.

"It seems our plan is going well, then," he says smugly.

"By the end of next month, Aurora Rossi and Saint Volkov will be dead, and I will become the new don of the German mafia," I reply, smiling to myself.

Finally, my chance for revenge has come. And no one can stop me.

"As long as you don't mess anything up, then that will happen," he answers, giving me a pointed look.

"I haven't messed any fucking thing up, have I?" I ask, glaring at him.

He sucks his teeth and walks over to me. He smiles as he leans down to my level. "If you ever fucking speak to me like that again, I will kill you, understand?" he demands menacingly.

I swallow hard and nod. "Yes, sir," I reply in a small voice.

He backs off and lets out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, facing away from him.

When I become the German mafia's new don, I will kill him. I swear it.

I hear him chuckle lightly, then walk away from me."get out of my office, and go do your job," he orders, waving his hand in dismissal.

I nod, rising from my chair and leaving him alone. I should've killed him where he stood. My anger towards that man rises every fucking day.

How he thinks he can control me makes me want to blow his brains out.