ONE

I was only ten when my mother died

I was only ten when my mother died. Raul killed her. That night I ran away, but then I met Silas Gage, Don of the German mafia.

He saved me, but he wasn't able to keep me.

Every night after that, I would sneak out and meet him. He taught me how to defend myself, lie, shoot a gun, and throw knives.

When I was 14, Silas discovered he had stage four lung cancer. He began training me to become the donna of the German mafia.

He died a year later. Then I became Donna of the German mafia.

Raul continually kicked me as I curled up on the ground. He looks down at me and sneers.

"I should have killed you, just like your whore of a mother." He is currently trembling with rage.

I turn over on my side and cough up a bit of blood. I look up, glaring at Raul.

"Get up and clean this shithole." If it is not spotless by the time I get home, I will do worse than this," He shouted before storming out the door.

I slowly get up, wincing in pain. I hold on to my stomach and walk into my bedroom.

I stand in front of the mirror and trace the new bruises I received from Raul last week. The more I look at myself, the more I see a broken girl who only wishes for someone who would love and protect her.

I walk back down the stairs, grab a sponge and bucket, and then scrub the blood off the floor.

Sometimes I wonder why I never defended myself. I am stronger than Raul, yet I don't fight back. I need to fight back, but whenever I see him, I can't move. I am too afraid.

I am broken out of my thoughts when I hear knocking at the front door. I drop the sponge into the bucket, dusting off my pants.

I opened the door, and three police officers looked at me with pity. I rose my eyebrows in confusion.

"Can I help you with something, officers?" They continue to look at me with pity. Maybe they noticed my black eye.

"Miss, I'm sorry, but your father, Raul, unfortunately, has been in an accident."

I'm glad, but he deserves more. He deserves to die by my hands.

"He is alive, but Raul is in the hospital. They have sent us to take you to the hospital." One officer says with a half-smile.

Raul isn't my father. He will never be.

"Do I have to go?" I ask, staring blankly at the officers. Their eyes widen in shock. "Yes, you have to come with us." Another officer says as he looks at me with pity. I let out a sigh, pushing my hair off my face. "Fine. "Let me change, and we can go," I mutter, closing the door and running to my room.

I'm free. I'm finally free from Raul.