TWENTY -SIX

Did you tell her?" I ask Dante as he steps foot into my office

Did you tell her?" I ask Dante as he steps foot into my office. "No," he replies, plopping down in the chair, in front of my desk." She has a right to know," I grit out.

Dante runs his fingers through his raven-black hair. "I know, Leo, but I wanted to wait before discussing it with her since it's still early."

Always so many excuses.

"Why are you hiding the truth from her?" I ask, crossing my muscular arms in front of my chest.

"Because I don't want her to think she's a different person because of me," he tells me, looking me straight in the eye. I can see the pain in his chocolate-brown eyes.

"But this isn't about you. Aurora deserves to know that you are her real father," I say, running my hand through my brown hair.

"How do you think she will feel knowing that," he replies, clenching his jaw tightly." Great, she will feel great knowing her father is not a monster but a man that her mother loved dearly," I say, scoffing softly.

"She just met me. Do you think she will accept me as her father? To her, I am her father's brother, who dated her mother. I know it would be right to tell her the truth, but I fear that she won't accept it," Dante explains.

I shake my head at him and sigh loudly, rubbing my forehead with my index finger and thumb. "This is the most complicated relationship in the history of the world, Dante," I say as I stare at the floor.

"I know," he answers quietly.

"Tell her before she accepts the lie as the truth. Tell her you are her father and watch her eyes brighten, or a smile stretches on her face," I urge.

"Okay," he mumbles.

"Now, I need your opinion on something," I say.

He raises an eyebrow at me and gestures for me to continue. "You know of Aurora's arranged marriage to Saint Volkov, correct?" I ask.

"Yes, I do," he grits, clenching his jaw.

"Saint and Aurora have become closer to each other, and since he has allied with the German mafia," I start explaining.

"But he hates the German mafia," he replies.

"I understand that, but Aurora considers them as her family. Surprisingly, Saint cares for Aurora even though he is known for being sadistic and heartless. He genuinely cares about her," I explain.

Dante scoffs. "I doubt that."

"He threatened to kill me and my brothers if we didn't let him marry Aurora. He stayed with Aurora for days and comforted her after she found out she was pregnant. Tell me, uncle, do you doubt it now?" I ask.

If he does, then he is an idiot. I don't want Saint to date Aurore, but he cares for her, and she cares for him. All I want is for her to have someone that cares about her.

Dante thinks about it before shaking his head.

"You're telling me he allied with the German mafia because he loves my daughter? "he asks, disbelief written over his face.

"Yes, he wants peace between the two groups because he sees Aurora as the love of his life, and Aurora sees the German mafia as her family," I reply, sighing.

"How did Aurora meet them? How did she get involved with the German mafia?" Dante asks, looking puzzled.

Sighing, I shrug my shoulders. "I wish I knew, but I don't think Aurora will ever tell us," I reply. "I should've taken her away from this life," he whispers.

"Uncle Dante."

"What?" He snaps out of his trance.

"Go tell Aurora the truth. I can't sit here and discuss things without my mind going to the fact that we are keeping the truth from her," I say, nodding toward the door.

"What if she hates me?" Dante asks.

I stand from my seat and walk over to Dante. "Then she hates you, but I promise you she will love that you are her father and not Alessandro," I reply, placing my hand on his shoulder. Dante stands up, smiling at me.

"I hope so," he states before leaving the room.