NINE

It's been two weeks since the incident with Saint and six weeks since the night I slept with him

"Hey, sis!" Adrian screams, skipping into my bedroom.

He throws himself onto my bed; his face smashed against my pillows.

"Hey yourself, little brother," I say.

Adrian lets out an exaggerated gasp. "I'm older than you by ten months," he shouts, sitting on my bed.

"What did you need?" I ask. "Oh, Dad wants to speak to you," he adds after seeing my skeptical expression.

What the hell could Alessandro possibly want to talk about?

I hop off my bed and walk into his office. "Adrian said you needed to speak to me," I say, sitting in the chair before his desk.

"Ah yes, I wanted to discuss something with you." "I've spoken with my associates, and we want you to marry Saint Volkov," he says after a glance down at his desk. "It would bind our business and be great for us," Alessandro says, picking up a paper from his desk.

What the fuck did he just say to me?

"You want me to marry Saint. A man who I barely know so that you can have a fucking business deal!" I shout, standing from my chair.

I can't believe I thought he loved me. How could I be so stupid? Whenever I feel I can trust a man, they prove me wrong.

"Aurora," Alessandro sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Sit down," he grits out.

I stand my ground and walk closer to his desk. "I'm not fucking marrying him!" I yell angrily.

Alessandro stands up from his seat, slamming his hand on his desk. "You will do as I say, or help me, God!" Alessandro screams.

"I'm seventeen! I'm not getting married to Saint!" I scream.

He takes a deep breath before stalking around the desk. He stops inches from my face.
"Don't fucking test me, Aurora!" He yells.

"I am your father, and you will listen to me!" He seethes.

As I shove him back, I glare at him. "You are not my father."

My father was Silas Gage, and he's dead now.

Alessandro's chest rises up and down as he steps closer to me. "You will listen to me, or there will be consequences?"

I stared back at him with hatred and anger. "You will never lay one finger on me," I gritted.

I could tell by looking into his eyes that he had finally snapped.

His hands grab my throat, pushing me against the wall and lifting me off my feet. My hands latch onto his wrists.

I smirk down at him before spitting in his face.

His grip tightens, making sure I don't escape. The pressure increases, causing a sharp sting to run through my skin.

The pain is dull. I've been hurt so many times that I barely feel it now.

"What the hell are you doing?" Leonardo bellows as he bursts into the room. Matteo followed behind him.

Alessandro quickly let go of me, dropping me to my knees.

Matteo runs over to me, ignoring Alessandro. "Why the fuck were your hands around her throat?" Leo growls, walking closer to Alessandro. For the first time, I saw fear in his eyes as he backed away from Leo.

Matteo hugs me, whispering comforting words to me.

Leonardo grabs Alessandro by the collar and lifts him off the floor.

Alessandro struggles weakly, trying to free himself. "Put me down!" he screeches. "Get out of my house!" Leo shouts, dropping him to the floor.

At least someone is trying to protect me.

Alessandro stares at him with wide eyes before storming out of the room.

"Are you ok?" Leonardo asks, rushing over to me. I nod my head as I caress my neck.

I'm not okay. I never will be.

Ignoring my brothers' concerned stares, I leave the room. As I'm walking to my room, I bump into Axel.

"Watch where you are fucking—" he stops as he sees the tears in my eyes. "Leave me alone, Axel," I say, pushing past him.

My eyes sting as tears spill down my face. "Aurora, wait!" Axel says, grabbing my arm. I yank my arm free and storm towards my room.

I can't deal with his bullshit today.