SEVEN

"Where's Alessandro?" I ask Leonardo as I walk into the kitchen

"Where's Alessandro?" I ask Leonardo as I walk into the kitchen. "He went out to handle some business," he replies in a monotone voice.

Why is he so emotionless?

"When will he be back?" I ask, walking closer to him.

"A couple of hours, why?" He keeps his voice steady, but I can hear curiosity.

"I need to ask him a question."

"What is the question?" he asks.

Why is he so noisy?

"I wanted to ask him if it was okay if I went out to a cafe with my friend," I say, slightly irritated by how many questions he asks.

"You can go," he says. "Wait?" I asked, surprised. "Yes, but next time you go out to a club, Aurora, tell our brothers or me," he says.

How the hell does everybody know about that? I'm going to fucking kill Matteo.

"How did you know?"

"I know everything Aurora," he admits before leaving the room.

Well, I bet he doesn't know I slept with Saint.

I walk out of the kitchen, bumping into a wall, and hit my ribs. I slatch over as I feel pain course through my ribs again.

Fuck, these stupid broken ribs are always causing me pain.

I groan in pain before standing up and walking up to me to change.

I don't even take a shower as I throw on a hoodie, jeans, and a pair of sneakers. I run down the stairs, get my keys and wallet, and leave for the cafe.

After arriving at the cafe and ordering some drinks, I sit and walk over to a table.

"Donna," my second-in-command, Arlo, greets me.

"I've told you to call me Aurora," I say as he sits across from me. "Sorry," he says, sounding apologetic.

"Everyone else calls you Donna. I should, too," he adds.

Arlo is different. He became my family the day he helped me along with Silas. He's my father.

"Everybody else didn't help save me from my abusive stepfather. Remember that," I tell him, smiling. He nods in agreement. "What did you need to talk about?" he asks.

"I need you to look up someone for me. His name is Saint, his father works with the Rossi family, and he's Russian," I tell him.

Arlo's eyes widen as I speak. "Saint Volkov. He's the Russian mafia leader. What have you done to get involved with him and the damn Italian mafia?" he questions, giving me a stern look.

How did I not know Saint was the damn Russian mafia, Don? I am so fucked. The German and Russian mafias do not have a good history together.

"My biological family is the Italian mafia," I tell him, sighing.

Arlo slides his hand down his face, sighing, "Aurora, for our peace with other mafias, you can not get involved with the Russians. You are feared, but you are a teenage girl, and they say, Saint, regardless of his name, is the devil himself."

"And they call me Diablo. I've had men tremble at my name since I was fifteen. Trust me; Saint will not be a problem."

That's a lie. Saint won't leave me alone after the stunt he pulled in the bathroom last week.

"I'm trusting you on this because you are my Donna."

"Good. "Now, once we leave this cafe, I need you to head to the docks and make sure my shipments arrive," I tell Arlo authoritatively.

"Yes, Donna," he says, standing up. "Be careful, please," he tells me, placing a kiss on my forehead before turning to leave. I nod and wave goodbye to him as he walks out the door.